Monday, December 11, 2023

Nothing on the Design Wall

I spent a lot of time in the sewing room over the weekend, but don't seem to have much to show for it.  Here's the last round of chain piecing sitting by the machine.



The purple and yellow pieces are the last two pieced borders for Rhododendron.  The maroon strips are to bind Melodic Mystery.  The pile of light blue, red and dark blue are the most recent subunits for Indigo Way.  Only 4 more HSTs and clue 1 will be finished.  I'm about half way done with clue 2 and just barely got started on clue 3.  The teal and white block is for Malted Mystery.  I spent more time cutting fabric to proceed with next steps than anything else.  Projects are moving along, there's just nothing really photo worthy. 

My weekend morning sewing time I've dedicated to scraps and fabric organization.  Here's all the scraps that were processed yesterday. 




The oldest scrap is that 5" strip of orange/yellow batik at the end of the middle row.  That's left over from the first quilt I made for our bed.  That fabric was purchased in 2008.  The pink polka dot fabric in the middle row was used in a quilt for a coworker's 5 year old  who had brain cancer. That daughter is 17 now.  The red and blue plaid on the bottom row is the backing for my current recliner quilt finished in 2017. The green and white floral scrap in the first row was a in scrap bag I won during a blog challenge. I'm surprised at how well I remember which scraps went in which quilt.   

So nothing exciting to link up with the Monday Design Wall and Patchwork & Quilts.  I'm going to need a very productive Monday afternoon to be able to check off a few items from my to do list.  

9 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That is so wonderful to hear that the 5 year old who had brain cancer is now 17. Sounds like the scraps are full of a lot of memory!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty various projects! It's nice to remember all the quilts related with scraps, quilts and memories about them.
Thank you for sharing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What great memories in all those scraps
Your chain sewing looks like a lot to me!!!

Sara said...

Great job working through more scraps. That is a task I just never seem to finish. My scraps multiply in their bins every night in the dark.

Bonnie said...

Isn't it nice to hear positive news about one of your quilt's owner. Great news there. But also good for you for getting these scraps into a usable format. Hope you make great progress on your sewing and scrap processing.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Monday, Kate. It sounds like you are staying busy keeping the projects moving along. Such warm memories in those small scraps of fabric. How sweet. Hugs.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Good to hear she's 17 YO now!! You've got a lot of projects rolling around!!! And great memory of when you bought those older prints!!!

Sandra Walker said...

I've been really doing well at immediately organizing scraps into my strips tubs (which need a project to whittle some down) and my small scraps sorting boxes, as well as my squares trays (2.5" - 5"). Now to find or invent PROJECTS to use these! I love how we instantly know and 'feel' the project a scrap is from.

Jennifer said...

Love the memories in your scraps. I think that’s my favorite part of scrap quilts, seeing the pieces with memories.