Monday, October 24, 2022

Design Floor Monday

We've hit the windy part of autumn here in Oklahoma, so it was definitely a good weekend to just stay in and sew.  I contemplated cleaning up the sewing room a bit, it needs to be decluttered badly, but sitting at the sewing machine was really what I needed.   


Pinning and stitching borders always takes longer than you think it should. I only managed to get two of the next border strips attached.  This quilt is too big for the design wall, so I had to utilize the design floor to get a progress picture. 

Macaron Mystery: Meadow Mist Designs 2021 Mystery Quilt


If I get to sew next weekend, hopefully Macaron will be a finished quilt top by the end of the month. It will feel good to have a project hit a majour milestone. 

Linking up with Design Wall Monday, and Patchwork and Quilts.  

16 comments:

Julie in GA said...

This looks great! I love your color combo!

Sara said...

It looks terrific! Love how "crisp" and clean it looks in those colors.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the colors you are using in this

Lyndsey said...

I love your colour combinations, and the quilt top look fabulous.

Barbara said...

Looks gorgeous! (We’ve hit the rainy part of autumn.)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

oh that is so pretty!!! I'm not a fan of wind - but I do like that it lets you sew!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That is coming together beautifully. I bet you'll have a quilt top soon!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you got some sewing time this weekend! Borders do take time - I am always slow with them. But they're coming along and your Macaron Mystery is looking wonderful!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your Macaron Mystery is turning out fabulous. Now that I see yours, I'm not sure why I decided to skip that mystery quilt.

loulee said...

Your Macron Quilt top is looking amazing, I hope you do find time to quilt it.

Sue Daurio said...

that's a great mystery quilt. I love your color choices. We've been really windy here in the Midwest as well. But I'm afraid once the wind dies down it'll be colder temps. But that is good for sewing right!

Preeti said...

Design Floor, indeed. I believe we should just be generic and say Design Surface :-) Wishing you lots of sewing time because that top is looking yummy and must be completed soon.

Bonnie said...

This quilt looks great on the floor, or the design wall. The colors really "talk" to me. Not one of my favorite things -- sewing on borders on a big quilt. Hopefully you will have some sewing time over this week. Hum, do you want us to wish some more winds? Or maybe a nice little rainstorm?

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your quilt top is gorgeous! I love the color combo, and the borders look great.
Thank you for sharing your progress, and linking up.

AnnieO said...

Borders are truly boring to cut and sew on, but they add so much to the quilt design with that accent and framing! I have to use the design floor most of the time :)

Linda said...

Your quilt has turned out just gorgeous. You really have an eye for color and design.
I know you've told me before, but what part of Oklahoma are you in? We grew up near Tulsa, went to college in Tahlequah, and have lived in Bartlesville and the Oklahoma City area. I miss Oklahoma!