Monday, February 21, 2022

Potions Progress

I'm not ready for a new week.  It's going to be a rough one on several fronts. I'm slated for jury duty this week. I called on Friday and the message was to call again on Tuesday to see if I have to show up on Wednesday.  But we are supposed to get freezing rain and sleet starting sometime on Wednesday into Thursday.  We'll see how all of that works out.

The weekend was quiet with much of it spent in the sewing room.  The Potion blocks have been sewn into rows and the dark blue sashing strips have been attached. 


Potions: Pattern by Flying Parrot Quilts


I'm actually ahead of schedule on this project.  There are six sashing strips of the background fabric that need to be added between the rows, and at the top and bottom of the quilt.  That's the plan for this week.  The pattern doesn't include borders, but I'll probably add a very narrow one of the dark blue as a frame.  We'll see how it all looks once it's assembled.  

Progress on my other projects has been pretty slow with all the focus on getting Potions far enough along to send it out for quilting.  Linking up with Monday Design Wall, Making Monday and Patchwork and Quilts.  

12 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Potions is looking fantastic! It's great that you got lots of stitching time over the weekend, and I hope your week isn't too rough.

Kim said...

I am going to miss seeing Potions when you have finished! It is such a clever quilt. I like the sound of a thin blue border framing the quilt. Hoping your week passes quickly and it isn't too bad. As for the dreadful weather on your horizon; fingers crossed the weather forecasters have got it wrong.

Nann said...

I, too, have enjoyed seeing the Potions develop. Good for you to say yes to jury duty.

Barbara said...

Your quilt is looking great. You’re moving along with it, and so I’m not surprised to learn your ahead of schedule. I managed to get through a month of jury duty last June without having to report even once.

Churn Dash said...

What a really cool quilt. I don't dare show my son's girlfriend or else I will have to make one and I already have too many projects on the go.
Helen

Sara said...

Potions is sure taking shape quickly. Love it!!

I'm amazed that neither my husband or I have EVER served jury duty, and we're both 67. I was in the jury pool once, 38 years ago, when I was extremely pregnant with my youngest. They "excused" me then, due to my pregnancy. I got the letter notifying me of jury duty again about 8 years ago but was never selected. I hated having to call in every morning to check. My husband has never even gotten that notification letter. We both assume it's because his brother is a local county sheriff so we would possibly be less than impartial. LOL

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is looking so good!!
I hope you don't get called...

Kris said...

This caught my eye right away. So cool.!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Potions is such a fun pattern! I hope you will not be called and be able to say warm at home.
Thank you for sharing your pretty work in progress, and linking up ;)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Potions is looking excellent--but we all knew it would. Here's to being ahead of schedule, and hopefully you'll get out of jury duty. About 10 years ago I called to actually go in. Hung out for 2 days and even made it into the courtroom...but it was too late for that day and then they ended up with enough so I was done. Whew! First time I'd even been in a courtroom--close enough for me!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Now that is a super cool quilt! I was supposed to be on jury duty last week but then they postponed it till April... just when I was all psyched up for it, lol! xx

Jennifer said...

Wow, Kate, it’s looking great!