Saturday, February 12, 2022

Photo Challenge Week 33: A Knife

We are back to winter today after a few days of 60 F plus temperatures.  So it will be a good day to do laundry, a bit of house cleaning and some sewing. Oh and write a blog post with the results of last week's photo challenge. 



I wasn't all that enthused about this particular subject matter and I think my photo this week reflects that.  

Kate: The Kitchen Knives


Those rainbow handled knives are my favorites if I'm working in the kitchen (which I do as infrequently as possible).  They have nice blades and fit well in my hand. Does that make them photo worthy?  Probably not, but that was as creative as I got this week.  

My Guy's photo could be right out of a bread making book. 

My Guy: Broa Knife


The bread is a yeasted cornbread that he made to go with dinner last Sunday.  

The Scientist in Training also went a pretty traditional route with her photo. 

Scientist in Training: Blunt Force Trauma

She does enjoy her apples. The photo title is what she sent me. "A Knife to the Heart" would probably have been my choice. 

That's our efforts for this week's challenge.  I think we are all much more enthused for next week's subject.   



As the SIT noted, "I can figure something out".  I hope you'll come back next week to check out what we manage for the next photo challenge.  

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

yeasted cornbread sounds wonderful - do you have a recipe to share? yes back to winter here too!! the nice weather was nice while it lasted.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your rainbow handled knives! They would be fun to have in the kitchen. Impressed that your guy makes bread, too!

Barbara said...

I think I have that same set of knives with the rainbow handles. I like your guy’s photo, but honestly, that bread!! And I love a good apple. I drew that card and rejected it at my end. Maybe I’ll give it another shot after seeing what y’all did with it.

Sara said...

That bread sounds delicious! But I have to admit your daughter wins this week because of the funny caption ideas you both had. You are all so clever!

Emily said...

Your guy's photo is drool-worthy, but more for the bread than the knife!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That bread does look like it can be in a cookbook and how wonderful that you get to eat the bread too.

Jennifer said...

Mmm, that bread looks delicious- your husband wins for yummiest photo this week!