Tuesday, February 15, 2022

To Do Tuesday for the Week of 2/15/2022

Valentine's Day was pretty low key.  We treated ourselves to a fancy take out dinner. It was really good.  Unfortunately the glass of wine I had with dinner made it hard to do much in the sewing room, I'm such a light weight on that front. Consequently I was in bed pretty early last night.  It's a good thing that the last item on last week's to do list was checked off over the weekend.

To Do List for the Week of 2/8/2022

  • Potions: Finish all the flask blocks
  • Cabins and Fans: Attach binding and start hand sewing 
  • Macaron Mystery: Work on the January clue 
  • Rhododendron Mystery: Make hour glass blocks for block B 
  • Unity: Make flying geese as leaders and enders. 
  
The list is all checked off for last week.  Fingers crossed I can do it again this week.  

To Do List for the Week of 2/15/2022

Potions: Assemble Rows

Potions: Pattern from Flying Parrots Quilts


All the blocks are done and the dark blue for the shelves is ready to stitch to the rows when they are assembled.  This week the plan is to get the blocks all stitched into rows. If I get the "shelf" part sewn on as well, that's a bonus.  That will just leave the row of background fabric that goes above each row to stitch together, cut to size and stitch on to finish the quilt top assembly. There is a possibility I'll add borders, we'll wait and see how it all looks once it's assembled.  

Cabins and Fans (Fluorescence): Finish stitching on the binding

Cabins and Fans (Fluorescence): self designed


I've stitched past two corners, so just 2 left.  That should be doable this week. 

Macaron Mystery: Work on January and February Clues

Macaron Mystery: Meadow Mist Designs 2021 Mystery quilt along


I did put one block together to see how my fabrics were going to work in the final layout.  I like it. Hopefully once Potions is out for quilting, I can concentrate on finishing up these blocks. 

Rhododendron Mystery: Work on blocks A and B

Rhododendron Mystery: The 2021 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt Along


I finished off a B block this week.  Those hourglass blocks aren't my favorite think to make.  I've got a ways to go on this project. I'd like to have it finished before the next Bonnie Hunter kicks off in November. 

Unity: Make flying geese as leaders and enders

Unity: The Bonnie Hunter 2020 Stay at Home Quilt Along


Half the blocks needed for the final pieced border are up on the design wall.  At some point, Unity will probably become my focus project, but for now it will stay the leaders and enders project. 

That's my list for this week. If I can stay on track with Potions and finish the binding for Fluorescence it will be a good week.  

Linking up with Linda, The Texas Quilt Gal for To Do Tuesday.  

10 comments:

Linda said...

Your Valentine's Day dinner sounds fun! I'm a lightweight too when it comes to wine. You did great on your goals. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Potions turns out.
Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

Julie in GA said...

You did great meeting all your goals for last week and moving all of your projects forward! It's so much fun to see Potions come together!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

We kept ours low-key by making our own--but we love to cook so it was still rather fancy and did involve wine (I'm a major lightweight too). Good luck with your to-do's! Love that swirly fabric inside the flask btw--perfect!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks you had a great week with all your projects, Kate! The Macaron block is really pretty. I love the black and white with a pop of red!

Sara said...

That Macaron block is really eye catching! Lovely!!

I am a light weight like you with the wine. I had wine with my lunch yesterday with 3 girlfriends. We shared a bottle of wine at lunch, and an afternoon nap was tempting. LOL

Sharon Kwilter said...

I made my hourglass blocks a little big and then cut them down to the right size. It was a bit of work, but I like how the blocks turned out. I like your Rhodo Trail colors. I really wish I'd changed the pink to purple for mine.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Great job checking all five items off your list last week. I'm a lightweight regarding any alcohol these days, but that's okay. I may not be able to say that about my youth but we won't go there! HAHA! Great job on the binding - you should be able to complete that this week. Maybe. I am looking forward to seeing Potions come together. You are on track! {{Hugs}} Happy Tuesday, my friend!! ~smile~ Roseanne

chrisknits said...

I love your Meadow Mystery blocks!!! I have been out of the loop lately, so nice to catch up with all your projects. I too am a lightweight when it comes to wine!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Yippee... binding means an almost finished quilt!
Great job on moving the mysteries forward a bit at a time!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Hmm, now that I see your Macaron Mystery block I'm wishing I did it. Oh well. I only have so many hours in a week.