Sunday, February 6, 2022

Stitching Stuff: Week 6 of 2022


Weekends always go so fast. I'm not sure what happened to Saturday, but it's definitely Sunday now.  Last weekend is just a blur. My apologies for not posting last Sunday. I did eventually get a stitching stuff post up, but not till late on Monday. Work intervened in what should have been an uneventful weekend.  Thankfully by Monday, the issue was resolved and I was back to my regular schedule by that afternoon.  Still my stitching time did take a hit early in the week.  

  • 15 minute days/week = 6/7 days
  • 15 minute days/Jan = 29/31 days
  • 15 minute days/Feb = 5/5 days
  • 15 minute days/2022 = 34/36
  • Success rate = 94. 44%
Due to the winter weather (about 8" of snow between Wednesday night and Friday morning) we worked from home the last three work days of the week. It's amazing how much more time there is for stitching when you don't have to dress in business attire and then drive to work.  It was a pretty good week on the stitching time front.

Back in week 4, I talked about being a data snob and shared tab 1 of my all things quilting related spreadsheet.  Tab 1 lists all my UFOs. Tab 2 details all my finishes.  



My first quilt was started when I was in graduate school, a summer class through the county extension office.  It wasn't finished till we were living in Texas.  I'm just showing the very top part of my completed list. There are actually 70 completed projects on the list.  I show the start date (which for some of the early quilts the year is as good as I could get), then the completed date. The last two columns show if the project was a UFO when it was finished or if it really was a WIP.  

The other listing on my Completed tab is the status all the projects that are part of annual quilt alongs. 




The first annual quilt along I started playing along with was the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I've not started a RSC quilt since 2019. I've been limiting starts so I could focus on finishes, so no new RSC starts the last few years.  I do enjoy the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt alongs and have played along since 2013. But I have to admit I rarely keep up and tend to fall massively behind.  Only 50% of those mysteries have been finished.  Lastly I really enjoy playing along with Meadow Mist Design's mystery series.  A clue a month is really more my speed. You can tell as I've completed all but the most recent mystery. 

So how are you doing at moving things along?  Did you get in all the stitching time you were hoping for last week?  


1. Frederique
2. Julie in GA
3. Gretchen
4. Ivani
5. maggie f
6. Meloney
7. karen
8. Melissa G
9. Shasta @ High Road
10. DonaleeQ
11. Melisa - Pinker n Punkin Quilting
12. Andre
13. Colletta's Kitchen Sink
14. Jennifer in Indy
15. DawnyK weeks 5 and 6
16. Amanda
17. Dq at Dreamworthyquilts
18. Carol @ Quilt Schmilt
19. Quilting Gail

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

11 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I hope this week will be easier for you. Great UFO tab, I usually don't like mysteries, I like to see the result first ;)
Thank you for hosting the 15 Minutes party, it's working very well for me until now!

Julie in GA said...

Congrats on the great numbers for January and the first week of February! As always, I love seeing how you track your quilt projects. You have done very well over the years with getting quilts finished, and limiting your number of new starts is smart.

Linda said...

I'm so impressed with your spreadsheet, that is my kind of stuff! I love spreadsheets for everything. When did you start keeping "tabs" so to speak? I'll have to go back into my old blogs to see starts and completion dates, but I'd love to start one. What is the "Oklahoma Reds" quilt you completed in 2007?

Ivani said...

Those spreadsheets make you foccused, and works very well for you. Great!
Hope you have a great stitching week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I agree weekends fly by. I loved seeing how you keep up with your projects. I need to follow your lead and try to finish up projects rather than start new ones. Have a great day.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Kate, sorry to hear about last week's craziness. Yes, working from home is very good for the amount of quilting and stitching that we can do. I love it! I was very busy cutting and stitching and took another virtual class on the weekend. Can't wait to show that off :-) Good luck this week.

Jennifer said...

You're so right about the extra time when working from home - it really changes the whole day. We are still going in only sporadically and I am making the trip one or two times a week, which is a nice balance. I expect to get the word that we need to return more often in the next few weeks. It is really interesting seeing your spreadsheets - I do a lot of record keeping as well but I don't think I have a list of all my finished quilts - hmm, might need to go back and think about developing one! Hope this weekend has been more calm for you and you've had a chance to get in some stitching time!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I like how you are keeping track of which of your quilts are UFOs and WIPs, and how you keep track of the quiltalongs. I don't do either of those, but I can see how that would be interesting to see which quilts get finished faster.

seabreezequilts said...

I'm just so glad I don't keep track of my starts and finishes sometimes I have the attention span of a nat, especially at the moment I am flitting from one thing to another. Missing going to sewing classes where I have a project to keep going. You spreadsheet is very impressive. Hope that work for you is more contained in the coming months.

dq said...

Your lists definitely show longevity in the groups you like to participate in. I just love the organization. We must be soul sisters.

Carol Andrews said...

I do like your spreadsheets Kate! Glad you were able to work from home during that snow. Have a good week Kate. 😉