Sunday, May 3, 2020

Week 18 of 2020: Stitching Stuff

It was a long week, working from home has its own challenges. Plus work was just really busy this week. That cut into my stitching time more than usual. How are you doing at fitting in at least 15 minutes of stitching time each day during this time of working from home and social distancing? 


It wasn't a bad week, it just wasn't a great week on the stitching front.  

15 minute days/week = 7/7days
15 minute days/April = 29/30 days
15 minute days/May = 2/2 days
15 minute days/2020 = 113/123 days
Success rate = 91.87%

A couple of evenings, my sewing time was just 15 minutes as I did have to work late a few nights. But I'm doing well with my consistency at finding time to sew even if I don't have as much time for stitching as I'd like.  

Since we've changed over the calendar to a new month, it's time for an update on the stash report.  

Fabric used in April = 6.85 yards
Fabric used year to date = 22.27 yards
Fabric in for 2020 = 2.5 yards

So how did a few yards sneak into my stash? In my effort to support small businesses, I ended up ordering a few fat quarters from the Spoonflower sale last month.  Aren't these  really cool chemistry fabrics? 



Not sure where I'm going to use these, but they were too fun to pass up.  Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the regular stash report. I'm definitely using up some of the stash. Now if I can just keep the purchases to a minimum the year should end with much more out than in.  

There was a bit of progress on my slow stitching project this week too. 


I moved the hoop so I could get to the lower wing.  Hopefully I'll get an evening next week to make some additional progress.  Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday

A bit of fabric in, a bit out and some slow stitching, not a bad April on the stitching front.  How did your stitchy week work out?



1. Chrisknits
2. Marti
3. karen
4. Meloney
5. Jennifer in Indy
6. Sherrie
7. di
8. DawnyK
9. Deana
10. Loulee (Manxgirl)
11. Amanda
12. Quilting Gail
13. Carol Andrews
14. Andree at Quilting & Learning

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

15 comments:

Donna said...

Cool fabrics. Those finishes really helped the out number.

Sarah said...

In the interests of supporting the small businesses well done!😁 Very pretty butterfly cross stitch.

Marti said...

Those are really neat fabrics. I never would have imagined that there would be so many chemistry fabrics.

When I used to work from home, the hardest thing was to stop. Hubby doesn't do as much paperwork as I had to do, so unless he is doing a report, that isn't his problem. I hope you have found a balance and back at the office when you feel safe doing so.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I linked my finish Alaska quilt to you today - thank you so much for giving me the border idea.

CathieJ said...

Okay, my son has his doctorate in chemistry and yet I have never bought chemistry fabrics. Then again I absolutely hated chemistry in high school. Those are neat fabrics though. Your butterfly is looking prettier with each update. My work from home is limited to two days a week so I am finding a decent amount of time to craft. Stay safe.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love seeing how your butterfly progresses! Cute fabric you bought! I've never seen any like that.

Jennifer said...

Those are great fabrics and good reports on both stash and stitching time! Hope you’ve had a little time for you this weekend!

DawnyK said...

Lovely fabrics. Great job stitching everyday! Love your butterfly.

Miaismine said...

Really neat fabrics! As soon as I saw the chemistry one, I thought that would make a cute mask for a pharmacist. :) Thank you for supporting small businesses! Take good care and thank you for sharing!

loulee said...

I'm in for another week.
You have some lovely projects on the go, it's good to see how others are progressing.

seabreezequilts said...

Working from home has its benefits but it also makes for a long week. Everyday seems to be the same as the commute is just moving from one room to another. I'm off to the Vet with the dog, hopefully this will be it for a while, everytime I come out with different instructions.

Carol Andrews said...

Love those fabrics and your stitching is beautiful.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi! Those are such lovely fabrics! I'm sure that I did at least 15 minutes a day of slow stitching. Often when I can't sleep I get up and do some embroidery and such. It usually calms be down enough to sleep. The problem happens if I get right into it and stop stitching an hour or two later! Then I'm a mess in the morning! Take care.

Quilter Kathy said...

Those are very cool fabrics.. my niece would love a chemistry mask!
Stitching butterflies is the perfect activity for winding down on a lovely spring evening!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

dq said...

Chemistry fabrics - wow! I have not seen fabric like them before, but then, you can probably find just about anything. I will be curious as to what you do with them.