Saturday, May 30, 2020

May One Monthly Goal

The month of May went really fast.  Hard to believe we'll be in June by Monday.  As I was contemplating what June's One Monthly Goal should be, I realized I never posted the completion of May's One Monthly Goal.  


The goal for May was to get the Mosaic Mystery quilt prepped and sent out for quilting.  

Mosaic Mystery Quilt
from Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs

The top and backing were finished in April.  But both needed a final press and clean up before getting packed up for quilting.  


The problem with using a dark fabric with a light background is you have to take care of all the dark threads on the back.  Thankfully the dark purple didn't fray as much as the other fabrics did, but it still took an afternoon to clean up potential threads that might show through after it was quilted.  


I found a box big enough, but not too big and packed it up.  It got mailed out last Saturday and it arrived at it's destination on Thursday.  Hopefully it will be back here ready to bind before the end of June.  I've already got the label designed. 


But I've not test printed it yet, so this may not be the final label design.  I'm looking forward to getting another finish in the near future.  

Linking up with Elm Street Quilts for the May One Monthly Goal Finish.  Now to figure out what's the OMG for June.  

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I noticed you have Warm and Natural in that box for the batting - have you or do you know of anyone who uses it for hand quilting? there is one batting I tried once for hand quilting and it was terrible (tough on the needle) but I can't remember for sure what it was? I know I never buy the batting you show and I'm thinking it might have been that one - machine quilters wouldn't notice that of course.

Barbara said...

It turned out beautifully, Kate. I’m anxious to see it all quilted and finished. I like the name you’ve chosen for it.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just lovely.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have chosen a beautiful name for your beautiful quilt. I especially like the wonderful label.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Mosaic Mystery Quilt is one of the prettiest ones I've seen and am I really looking forward to seeing what your quilter does with it!

Patty said...

Pretty quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

dq said...

I just love your quilt label. I just don't do labels, but I really really should. Your label motivates me.

Jennifer said...

Great job getting it out to your quilter, can’t wait to see it when it comes back!