Monday, September 17, 2018

Weekend Stitching - A Bit of This and That

Saturday was busy, Sunday was much more relaxed. The laundry has been tamed, for this week anyway.  And I even did a bit of sewing room clean reorganization.  I opened up two more bins for my scraps, which have been taking over my sewing room.  There's a lot more that needs to be reorganized, but I'm doing it in more manageable chunks.  I'll tackle the fabric closet next weekend, or at least make a start on it.  

My One Monthly Goal for September is to get all the block pieces made for On Ringo Lake. There has been good progress on that front, but nothing photo worthy.  Three more Twinkle Star blocks are up on the design wall. 

 Twinkle Stars, Tutorial by Andrea Feldbush of Soscrappy

Only 5 blocks left to piece and then all the blocks needed for the quilt expansion will be finished.

Clue two of the Halloween Mystery quilt was released Saturday morning.  We need to make 4 spiderweb blocks.  I've gotten a good start on the first spiderweb, but those blocks have a lot of pieces so it's been slow going.  I want to work out any kinks before I cut the other three blocks, I'm a bit limited on my Halloween prints so I'm working out the process with the fabric I have the most of in case there's a redo needed.  Thankfully I just have to show there has been progress to get the next block for free.  I'm hoping to have the first spiderweb finished by next Saturday morning.  The second block from last week did get finished before the Saturday reveal. 

Halloween Mystery, designed by Carrie Randall (Quilter's Hideaway)
I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. After seeing clue two, I'm not sure how all these blocks are going to fit together, but that's part of the fun of a mystery.  

Linking up with the usual Monday show and tell sites.  

Main Crush Monday
Monday Design Wall  

16 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Oh, I love your pumpkin! He isn't scary a bit and looks quite friendly. ~smile~ Roseanne

Alison V. said...

What a cute little pumpkin!

Barbara said...

What a cute jack-o-lantern. I like those days when I can do a little of this and a little of that. Makes me feel like I’ve accomplished a lot, even if it isn’t more than a little.

Denise :) said...

Your pumpkin makes my heart (and face) smile!!! He's precious! :)

Nann said...

Oh, those Twinkle Star blocks! They were one of the monthly Block Lotto patterns a couple of years ago and I won. I thought at the time that I'd like to try them again -- your post today reminds me of that! Cute pumpkin. I'll have to check out that quilt-along.

Sandra Walker said...

Wow, I love that centre blue star with the orange!! and your pumpkin is adorable.

piecefulwendy said...

I enjoy opening up your blog, because I get to see those three dresses! I love that pattern -- is it your own? And of course, I enjoy seeing your twinkle stars too. They are so happy and cheerful on a Monday morning. Pumpkins are popping up everywhere, and yours is a cutie!

chrisknits said...

Those stars continue to entrance me! So pretty. And the Jack is as cute as can be!

Susan said...

Great pumpkin! The stars are so pretty, I look forward to seeing them on the wall together.

AnnieO said...

Mr. Pumpkin is pretty darn cheerful. Glad your sewing room time included sewing!

Emily said...

This is so cute! Love that pumpkin smile!

Marti said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. I know laundry, cleaning bathrooms, and doing dishes has to be done, but it sure does cut into a day.

Cute pumpkin. I've seen some really cute spiderweb fabric. I don't do Halloween anymore so I never have found a reason to buy it.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful stars, and fun Halloween Mystery quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your pumpkin is so cute!! and congrats on the wash being done - I struggle....

Jennifer said...

Lovely blue twinkle stars and such a cute pumpkin!

Judy Hansen said...

I love the pumpkin square - I hope you post the spiderweb block in a future post.