Sunday, August 26, 2018

Week 34 of 2018: Stitching and Destashing

Can you believe it's the last week of August?  Labor Day is just around the corner.  It always feels like time speeds up from this point in the year, before we know it the holidays are here and then it's just a hop, skip and a jump to the end of the year.  I'm doing my best to ignore that feeling and just focus on getting in my 15 minutes of stitching each day. 



Work is still a bit crazed, but it was easier to find time to stitch this week. 

15 minutes stitching days/week = 7/7 days
15 minutes stitching days/August = 18/25 days
15 minutes stitching days/2018 = 220/237 days
Success rate = 92.83%

So it was a good week on the stitching front.  Last Sunday, I did manage to fit in a nothing but sewing day and that felt so good.  Too much going on for that today, but I should still get in a good afternoon of stitching.  Hope you were able to meet your weekly goals for stitching time, Mr. Linky is waiting at the end of the post if you want to share your successes. 

On the stash front, no fabric in this week and a little going out. 

Fabric used this week:  0.45 yards
Fabric used in 2018:  29.74 yards
More fabric in than out for 2018

If I can manage to get borders on three quilts in the next couple of months, I'll need backs.  Hopefully when I get to that point, the stash report will see a nice jump in fabric out. Till then, it's just a bit here and there as I finish making blocks.  Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report

The weather has been rainy and cool the last week, which has made for some nice walking weather.  I'm not sure what this white flower is, but it was all over the local walking paths this week. 



Happy stitching this week.  Link up below to share how you've been doing on finding time to stitch.  



1. Julie in GA
2. Pack Rat With a Plan
3. Meloney
4. Patricia
5. Christina's Handicrafts

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

1 comment:

chrisknits said...

So glad you got back to the sewing room! I get to visit mine every day, even if I don't sew. It's also my knitting/computer/napping room! LOL