Sunday, June 10, 2018

Week 23 of Stitching and Destasthing

The Scientist in Training headed back to college yesterday, so we are back to being empty nesters.  It was so quiet in the house after she left.  It takes a bit of getting used to.  The sewing room got quite a work out yesterday as I was adjusting back to the new normal.  Not that it's been completely neglected this week, finding time to stitch wasn't quite the challenge it has been. 



Though once I got there, 15 minutes was about all I had a couple of nights.  Still those 15 minutes add up. 

15 minute stitching days/week = 7/7 days
15 minute stitching days/June = 9/9 days
15 minute stitching days/year = 150/160 days
Success Rate = 93.75%

Scroll to the bottom of the post for this week's linky party.  Hopefully you had a great week too. 

Now the stash report is another thing all together.  Yes I made it to the sewing room and some stitching happened, but nothing made it to the point where I could count any fabric as going out.

Fabric used this week:  0 y
Fabric used in 2018:  23.23 y
Fabric added in 2018: 18.91 y
Net fabric out for 2018:  4.32 y

The local quilt shop tripped me up this week on the other side of the stash busting equation.  They had a sale on end of bolt yardage, so I took advantage and added a few neutrals to the stash. 



The red print is for this month's One Monthly Goal quilt.  There's still more fabric out than in and I'm still under my 20 yard allowance for fabric in for 2018.  Meaning, I'm still on track with the stash busting goals for this year. But I'll have to work hard to stay on track on limiting the incoming fabric.  Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for the weekly stash report. 

You can link up here for this week's 15 minutes to stitch report. 



1. Meloney
2. Julie in GA
3. Shasta
4. Mary-Kay
5. MartiDIY
6. Aileen K
7. Christina's Handicrafts
8. Shasta

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

8 comments:

Kate said...

One trick to getting in your 15 minutes every day is to pick a set time for your stitching.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The quiet is hard to get used to, especially right after a visit.

chrisknits said...

As long as more out than in, you are doing good! I am buying twice as much as I use up! LOL

Marti said...

You are doing great with your stash and sewing time. I wish our LQS had end of bolt sales.

Denise :) said...

I love that you're so faithful to your 15 minutes! I know it works. We had a program at guild where the speaker talked about time management and how setting aside as little as 15 minutes a day can help you finish SO much in the quilt room! You are living proof, my friend! :)

Quilting Gail said...

YEAH!!! 7 out of 7!!! Way to go!
Happy Quilting! :-)

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

If you're gonna add fabric to the stash, doing it when it's on sale is the best! LOL Love the white on white piece you picked up.

Jennifer said...

The new fabric looks great - love the red and white!