Thursday, January 29, 2015

Let's Book it Challenge - January 2015 Update

It's probably a time for an update on what seems to have become my never ending Let's Book It Challenge project.  




Way back in February of last year I started Poinsettias, a pattern from Judy Blok published in the 2013 December issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.  



It's been my leaders and enders project for almost a year now.  I don't have all the pieces yet, but here's the progress I've made since last October. 





















Doesn't look like much does it?  I've been sewing more lately, so the blocks are starting to pile up a bit faster.  Hopefully some time later this year I'll have all the parts done and I can quickly sew all those pieces into blocks and sashing for another finish.  

See who else dusted off one of their quilting books and actually used it to make something over at Vroomans Quilts.  

7 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It's coming along - work at your own pace that is comfortable for you.

MartiDIY said...

I remember that quilt! I have never seen that linky party before, but I am going to join it tomorrow. Thanks! My butterflies came out of an old book I have been saving for YEARS.

Barbara said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Jasmine said...

Every little bit adds up! I always wonder how much I would get done if I used leaders and enders, but I can't seem to do two projects at the same time like that.

Dana Gaffney said...

You're moving right along, it's going to be beautiful and worth it.

Lynne said...

I sneaked one block in for January, which I didn't make until the 30th. It's one of my RSC projects so it will take all year!

Any little steps are forward progress and whose in a hurry a way?

Bonnie said...

That is going to be one gorgeous quilt. That little block in the upper left is a pain to make -- I have a number of them made but not put in a quilt. Someday but probably not this year.