Monday, October 27, 2014

Design Wall Monday - Chocolate Marshmallows

This morning it feels like another weekend just went "poof".  I'm not really ready for another Monday, but at least I only have a 4 day work week to contend with.  My Guy and I are taking off Friday.  Not sure what we will be doing, other than a bit of grocery shopping for snacks since Drama Teen is hosting a Halloween sleep over party.  Five girls and a pile of scary movies, it should prove interesting.  

It's been slow going in the sewing room.  It feels like there has been more action going on with the rotary cutter than at the machine.  Though I realized last night I've got more block parts cut out than I really have space to work with.  Hopefully that means more stitching this week.  

The back for Scrappy Stars is still up on the main design wall.  Other than getting a few more of the panels sewn together, it looks pretty much the same.  However, I did finally finish block 2 for the Chocolate Marshmallows stitch along over at Sea Breeze Quilts.  

Chocolate Marshmallow
pattern from Amanda of Sea Breeze Quilts

Block 2 took a bit because I really didn't like how my first fabric selections worked out.  So I changed the color placement in my version and cut new pieces.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out the second time.  Blocks 3 and 4 are cut out, ready to be sewn together. 

That's it for my design wall this week.  Check out Patchwork Times to see more of design wall Monday.   

4 comments:

Denise :) said...

I love pink and brown together! It's in my top five color combos!! Very pretty and perfectly named!! :)

Shay said...

Amanda's blocks are looking good! Im going to start the October blocks this week .

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Gotta love pink and brown together....

Lynne said...

More block parts than room means there's some serious sewing time just ahead! Well done!