Moving on to more fun stuff, I did get to sew a bit yesterday. I finally got started on Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice. I got all the fabric pressed, pieces cut for clue 1 and clue 2, and made up a few blocks for both clues.
|Celtic Solstice |
designed by Bonnie Hunter
I'm making my version from yardage rather than scraps. I've wanted to do one of Bonnie's mystery for years, but never had the time to get all the fabric together. It won't be scrappy, but I'm at least able to participate rather than watch from the side lines. I'm liking the teal/brown combo, though I am a bit concerned that there isn't enough contrast between my two browns. I'm going to try to make at least some blocks as each clue comes out even though I've not finished all the blocks from the previous clues. Hopefully that way I'll be able to keep up with most of the steps.
That's it for my design wall this week. I'm linking up with Judy over at Patchwork Times and with Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice progress post.