Monday, May 16, 2011

Design Wall Monday - May 16th

Monday, already?  Weekends just seem to speed by, but over all this was a productive one.  I took a mental health day Saturday and worked in my sewing room most of the day.  I finally finished binding the The Brown Bag Quilt. 


So one more quilt off the UFO list.  Yeah!!!  This quilt was the last BOM the local shop offered before it changed it's focus to just offering long arm quilting  I like the play between the darker green and the lighter backgrounds of the alternate blocks.  Trudy quilted this with a beautiful floral pattern which really suits the floral theme of the fabrics. 



Right now this quilt doesn't have a final destination, so it's been folded up and stored in the closet.  I'm sure a good home will come up sometime soon. 

I'm glad to have this one off the UFO list.  Just three UFO's left!  My goal is to have just one UFO left by the end of this year.  I may just make it. 

Check out Patchwork Times to see what everyone else is up too. 

14 comments:

Kate said...

Wonderful job on finishing off a UFO! It looks lovely.

Marg said...

A great finish on your UFO. The quilting is lovely.

Carol G said...

Very nice colors and I love the quilting!

Sue Daurio said...

Great finish, I just love the colors. Green and pink together is one of my favorite combinations.

Shay said...

I love tha quilting Kate. This is such a pretty quilt and Im so glad it's finished .It looks like a great quilt for snuggling under.

Your quilt inspired me to make a sampler of my own this year . Like I need more projects!

Vicki H. said...

Gorgeous and the quilting is great. I think that it will be loved where ever it lands. Very nice job.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its beautiful. Love the quilting done on it! But seriously - only 3 more UFO's? You are my hero!!

SpinningStar said...

I'm impressed that you only have three UFOs left - I have a long way to go on that front. Good luck in getting your goal accomplished!
liz

Marti said...

It turned out great! It doesn't have a home? I've got just the place for it. ;) I have a green & pink lamp and I need a bedroom to go with it.

Lynne said...

A lovely qqilt indeed; I'm sure the right home will make itself known soon.

Gail said...

Such a soft, sweet looking quilt. Good for you, finishing another UFO.

Amy said...

Beautiful quilt! I like the floral stitching. It compliments the spring colors.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's such a pretty quilt...congrats on the finish! I can't even imagine only having 1 UFO!

Debbie said...

How wonderful to have this lovely quilt on hand just in case! I too can't imagine having just one UFO but I'm trying.