Tuesday, January 24, 2012

15 Minute Challenge - January 24th

Life was calmer at Life in Pieces last week, so more sewing happened.  It was a really good week.


Sewing happened 7 out of the last 7 days.  Usually for at least 30 minutes.  Yesterday's design wall post shows all the progress.  I'm caught up on both the FQS quilt along and the McCall's Quilting Mystery Quilt, and made some progress on UFO #5.  I've already used more fabric this month than I did all of January last year.  So even though sewing for at least 15 minutes each night hasn't always happened, it's happened enough to result in good progress on all this year's goals. 

Turning off the computer by 8:30 each evening has helped me get up the stairs to the sewing room most nights.  I'm working to make that a habit (along with exercising and eating right).  Did you know it can take someone 18 to 254 days to form a habit, with the average for most people being about 66 days (based on the results of one scientific study found here).  You can miss one day and not affect your success, miss more and it's harder.  If you can stick with your plan to sew/craft 15 minutes per day till the end of February, that's 60 days.  Check back next week, there will be details about a give away at the end of February that might motivate you to stick to your plan to find your "creative" time each day.  

So how did you do this week?  Write up how you did or didn't do for the last 7 days at finding time in your day to exercise the creative part of your brain. 






1. Liz
2. libbyQ
3. Pat
4. Marti
5. Thea
6. PJ - off Avondale Rd
7. Kate
8. Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

13 comments:

Larri said...

Excellent! Glad to know you met your goal every day. ☺ I'm off to see the photos from yesterday.

I must be on the 254-day end of the spectrum. I haven't stitched since last Tuesday. GASP!

Happy Tuesday! ☺

Kate said...

Yay for 7 out of 7! I heard it was two weeks to form a habit. I always fall off the wagon before the end of two weeks anyway... Which reminds me, I need to go drink some water.

Denise :) said...

Great job!! And smart idea to have a cut-off time for the computer. I need to do that, too. Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

Barbara said...

Great job sticking with your goal. It's so easy to get sucked into the computer and spend too much time there. I hate it when I do that.

libbyquilter said...

job/week well done for you~!!
i definately hope to make this a habit as i'm finding it yields very nice results. thank you for hosting such a motivational challenge.

:-)
libbyQ

Lynne said...

The Australian Open Tennis is on this week and last so not too much sewing going on - more knitting in front of the TV.

SpinningStar said...

Good job - I'm also wathing the Aussie Open, unfortunately that means I'm tired now - those 2am matches are killing me!

liz

Pat said...

Great job! 7 out of 7! I'd heard it was 30 days to create a habit but I think it depends on what it is. Some habits are harder to stick with than others.

Marti said...

Way to go Woman! You had a great week.

thea said...

Great week .. and the design wall looks great. My week was not so good, but I'll link up anyway .. :)

PJ said...

A very good week for you. This the start of anopther very busy week, but I will try to get into the sewing studio again daily.

seabreezequilts said...

I did lots this week really I did just didn't have time to blog. Made a quilt top and have nearly finished piecing the back as well as a new cross stitch for a friend for her birthday started. Its the last week of school holidays and the kids are trying to cram lots in.. it was fishing last night in a gale. Squids birthday party on Saturday with a sleep over with 5 9year olds so glad when Monday comes and life returns to normal lol.

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Thanks for the link up - I've tried to commit the last three days to sewing at least 15 minutes and last night I got a whopping hour and fifteen minutes in.