I've been tying up loose ends for 2011, cleaning up the sewing room, putting up left over yardage and cutting up scraps in addition to getting started on 2012 projects. In the same spirit, I've been cleaning up the blog, updating pages and other blog house keeping chores. I was getting ready to update the Goals tab for 2012 and realized I hadn't really taken stock of how well I did on meeting the 2011 goals. So here goes:
1. Finish 4 UFOs - 50% (finished 2)
2. Start 4 new quilts - 100% (started 4)
3. Catalog Pigs, Finish One, Start Another - 100%
4. Stash Management - 29%
Use 2 stash fabrics in each quilt - 86%
New fabric budget of 40 yards - 0%
Use more fabric than I buy - 0%
Finished Quilts - 7
Works in Progress - 5
Not a bad year. I did really well on getting quilts started and so-so on finishing UFOs. In terms of stash reduction, at first glance I didn't do really well. I did use at least one stash fabric in each project I finished, so a good job there. But even though I bought more than I used, I did much better on keeping the stash enhancement reasonable. If you compare 2011 to 2010, I did really well. In 2010 I enhanced the stash by over 300 yards, in 2011 the enhancement dropped to just under 50 yards. I am proud of that achievement, even though I didn't meet my original goals.
More starts, more UFO finishes coupled with selective buying for finishes and a budget for "must have fabric" is the core of my 2012 goals. I'm looking forward to a fun year. Hope you are too.