Monday, August 17, 2026

Making Progress a Little at a Time

Staying in the sewing room has definitely been the way for me to beat the heat this summer.  Even though my sewing room is the warmest in the house, it's still cooler than going anyplace else. It's summers like this I really miss having a basement.  Our fist house here had one and it would have been an awesome sewing space had we not had to transfer to Texas all those years ago. At this point I'm hoping those long range forecasts that are predicting an early and cooler then normal fall are correct.  We could definitely use a cool down. 

Why does adding borders always seems to take longer than it should?  I made some progress with the borders for Good Fortune (Bonnie Hunter). 

 


The narrow black border was always planned. The neutrals border was added when I decided to use the split HST blocks as a pieced border.  



I needed one more inch so those blocks would fit. The neutrals border is also pieced. When I opened the project box there was a pile of 1.5" x 8.5" neutral strips. Rather than cut new strips from the left over yardage, it just seemed prudent to use up what had already been cut.  So that border took a bit longer to assemble. That strategy was definitely wise, the border used up most of those left over strips.  The last neutrals border is pieced, but I didn't get it pinned and sewn on last night.  That should happen today.  Fingers crossed Good Fortune is a finished quilt top by the end of the week.  

Linking up with Patchwork & Quilts and Sew & Tell Monday

1 comment:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope Good Fortune continues to come together well for you this week. I look forward to seeing how the split HST blocks finish it out!