Tuesday, October 22, 2024

To Do List for the Week of 10/22/2024

It's a long drive from College Station to home. I didn't get in till after 9 PM list night. That's late at my age.  Traffic is never fun, but all the road work made it so much worse.  It was worth it, Grad Girl, one of her friends, my sister and I all had a fun girl's weekend. I'll post about that separately.  On the progress front, I ended up not doing much that was on the to do list.  


To Do List for 10/15/2024

1.  String Lights: Finish added borders - progress

2.  Chocolate Marshmallows: Cut fabrics, start assembly - progress

3.  Squared Away: Cut fabrics for sashing and borders  ✔

4.  Wild and Goosey: Continue making blocks - no progress

5.  Summer Scrap Quilt: Continue as leaders and enders 


Only two check marks, with progress on two others. It really wasn't a bad week.  We ended up running around town and just hanging out more than I expected during our girls weekend. It was still fun, so I'm not disappointed with last week's effort.  Now that I'm home, it's time to figure out what to do in the sewing room this week. 


To Do List for 10/22/2024

1.  String Lights (Meadow Mist Designs): Finish borders, cut and piece backing




The first two borders are attached. Just one more border to add.  That should be easy enough to finish.  I'd like to get the backing made this week as well.  Hopefully I can get that far.  

2. Chocolate Marshmallows (Seabreeze Quilts): Start assembly




All the sashing strips, corner stones and border strips are cut. All I need to do is start assembly.  

3.  Wild and Goosey (Bonnie Hunter): Continue making blocks

I'm still hoping to finish up all the orange blocks before the end of the month.  Red is the next color I'm going to tackle.  I did cut a few more red scraps last week before I left in hopes that I'd actually get that far during our girl's weekend. 

4.  Simply Sensational Summer Scrap Quilt (Kevin the Quilter): Continue as the leaders and enders.  

That's my list for this week.  Much simpler than last week. My plan is to concentrate on getting String Lights ready to go out for quilting.  Linking up with the Quilt Schmilt for To Do Tuesday.  

2 comments:

Sara said...

A girls' weekend sounds awesome!!

Carol Andrews said...

Kate I think you did great getting any check marks with travelling and having fun visiting Grad Girl et Al! Good luck with this week’s list. Thank you for linking with ToDo Tuesday and sharing the link. 😉 Carol