Monday, September 27, 2021

Slow Stitching to a Finish

We took a day off on Friday and enjoyed a three day weekend. My Guy was still pretty sore from his bicycle accident the weekend before, so the plan was to just take it easy and hang out at home.  He was feeling much better by the end of the weekend, though he still has some really colorful bruises. 

My goal was to get laundry done and then spend a lot time in the sewing room working on some finishes.  The easiest was to finish reworking some face masks.  



These were some of the first masks I made. The elastic had worn out, so I reconstructed them with a new fabric backing and T-shirt ear loops.  The face mask making is done, at least for a bit. I may make some new Halloween ones, I have some fun novelty fabrics that would make cool masks.  

Most of my sewing room time was spent binge watching British Bake Off while sewing down the binding for the Morewood Mystery.



It was late in the evening before the last stitch was made. 




So this is the only picture I have of the finished quilt, showing that all 4 corners are stitched down.  This was my September One Monthly Goal.  It feels good to meet it with a few days to spare.  

Also linking up with Monday Making and Design Wall Monday

12 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I missed your post last week of your husbands accident - those bruises sure take awhile to go away don't they. I will be glad when we no longer need face masks - ours are lasting as we only need them a couple times a week here and there and I bought a box of disposables also

Libby in TN said...

Yay for meeting your goal! That's one of my favorite quilts.

Meloney said...

Congrats on finishing your OMG. I've not even touched mine this month.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Congratulations on your finish, Kate! That is the prettiest blue fabric. So glad your guy is starting to feel better!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good save on those masks, Kate! Did you rip them completely apart? I have at least one with a failing ear loop. Congrats on your quilt finish! I'll be looking forward to the reveal post.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad you are done needing to work on face masks for a bit, and it's awesome you were able to revive some of the first masks you made. And congratulations on the Morewood Mystery quilt finish!

Sara said...

Congrats on finishing that project. Such a good feeling of accomplishment I'm sure. Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Ivani said...

Congrats fon a beautiful finish.
Glad to know your husband is feeling better.

Marly said...

Congratulations! It's good that you finished your goal. You've used pretty fabric, front and back.

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Jennifer said...

Yay for binge watching and binding stitching!