Monday, July 6, 2020

The July One Monthly Goal

We had a really nice weekend hanging out with the Scientist in Training.  We went on a few walks and stopped at our favorite gelato place for a cold treat. Not the most exciting weekend, but it was nice get out of town for a couple of days. 

On the quilting side of things, it's a new month so I've been contemplating what should be July's One Monthly Goal


Several projects are moving along towards completion.  The closest is the Mosaic Mystery Quilt.  

 Mosaic Mystery Quilt from Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs

I finished trimming off the excess batting last night. 



The label is made and framed.  


The binding is ready. 



Since it's the closest to being completed, July's goal is to get  Mosaic Mystery quilt bound.  This year's Meadow Mist Designs Morewood Mystery kicked off this month with the fabric requirements. So it would be good to get last year's quilt completed and off the list before I add this year's.   

So that's the plan for July.  Linking up with Elm Street Quilts, Monday Making, Design Wall Monday, and Main Crush Monday. 

9 comments:

Barbara said...

I had forgotten how pretty the backing fabric is for this one. Good luck with your goal. You’re doing what I do...pick something you *know* you can finish!

chrisknits said...

This will be a stunning quilt when done. The colors are so rich!

Sara said...

Your label is gorgeous! You have lots of binding lined up. I have one quilt with binding in progress, and another large quilt due to come back from the quilter soon. I'm really slow at binding.

Afton Warrick said...

Getting one project done before starting the next---why that's a theory I haven't personally dabbled in! What's happening with the binding on the tube? Is it cut already? Is it wrapped around the tube for safekeeping?

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm SEW looking forward to seeing the completed quilt, Kate!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Simply gorgeous! Loving the purple.

Patty said...

Enjoy. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Bonnie said...

Mosaic Mystery looks great... I sense a finish coming soon! Thanks for the info on the next mystery starting... do I want to start something new.... maybe. I'll take a look. Enjoy the weekend.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a beautiful quilt and label!