Yesterday was cold and windy. Overnight we went from colorful vistas to views of barren branches. It's like that in Oklahoma. It was a perfect day to stay in and sew. Which I did in the afternoon. Though you can't really tell it from the stash numbers.
Used last week: 0.46 yards
Used year to date: 53.07 yards
It's been slow going on the stash busting lately. I've mainly been working on those 4 patches for the En Provence borders. It takes a lot of 4 patches to add up to much in the outgoing column.
I did mange to find 15 minutes to sew every day last week. That puts my success percentage at 90.99%. It will be challenge to stitch over the Thanksgiving holiday as we'll have family around. I should locate my embroidery stuff and have it ready to work on when everyone sits down to just talk.
I'm a bit late posting this morning, mainly because I got caught up in working on something for next year. It's not a quilt project, but it's related. I used a purchased project planner this year and really liked it, but only part of the planner saw heavy use. A lot of the planner is empty. So spending another $40 for a new one just doesn't appeal. But I really want one for next year. After checking out a number of free printable planner documents from Pinterest, nothing struck my fancy. My skill with Microsoft Publisher is pretty minimal, but at worst trying to create my own would result in a bit of wasted time. Here's what I have after a couple of hours of playing around with the software.
Weekly calendar pages (The heavily used portion of my current planner)
I don't see any changes on these pages, unless they don't print right as double sided sheets.
Project Summary/2018 Quilt Plan
I like the 2018 Quilt Plan, but not sure I'm thrilled with the My Projects summary page. I've seen some bullet journals on Pinterest where the status or stage of the project is tracked. That would be cool to do, but would require a different orientation on the page. Something to consider.
Status/stage of the project would be good to add here too. Something else would have to go though.
These pages were all created in Publisher using the tables function. I could probably do the same thing in Excel. But since Publisher is meant for creating documents, it seemed like the best way to approach making my own planner. None of these pages have been printed yet, so I'm not sure how well they work. I'm going to try that before I do much more fiddling with the layouts.
Linking up with Quiltpaintcreate for this week's stash report.