Scrappy Coffee Cups (my first ever Rainbow Scrap Challenge project from 2012) came back from being quilted early this week. I'm working on getting the binding sewn together. The quilt top has been trimmed. The last thing it needs is a label. Which means the quilt needs a name. After a bit of poking around on Pinterest and a few texts back and forth with the Scientist in Training, we finally agreed on one. And then the theme for the label fell into place. Here's the first draft, minus my special message for My Guy.
My Guy has degrees in physics and mathematics, but his job requires him to be a chemist. So this is perfect. Just to be clear, coffee is never allowed in the labs, but this was just too fun to pass up for the label. One of the things we are both known for at work is our love of coffee after lunch, it's the only way we both get through the afternoon.
I'm still working on my blue blocks from August. But I'm at least on the last one. I've got all the orange fabrics matched up for last months blocks. I did take some time to look ahead to see if I had enough fabrics to make 16 small fan blocks of my color for October. Rather than pink, I'm going to use red-voilet, with my lightest fabrics there tending towards pink.
I need 32 fabrics for each block to be unique. Hmmm, there are only 19. I may have a few more tucked away with the batiks. There's time to do some looking in the scraps and stash as I haven't even started with the orange blocks yet.
Happy stitching this weekend. I'm going to get a second cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal, then settle in to see all the pretty pinks posted over at Soscrappy.