Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Stash Report and Some Slow Stitching

The tree is decorated and the mountain of laundry that piled up while the dryer was out of commission is a bit smaller.  I still have a bit of climbing to do to conquer all the dirty clothes.  So that's on tap for today, along with gift wrapping and some slow stitching.  I'm working on finishing off the binding on Scrappy Stars.


This quilt is supposed to be a Christmas gift, so all that binding needs to get sewn down before Thursday.  The label is made, it just needs to be cut to size and bordered before it can be stitched into place.  I'm hoping to find some time this afternoon to make significant progress on finishing this binding.  

Not a lot of sewing going on this week, it's been competing with holiday preparations and losing in most cases.  The only fabric going out is the binding for Scrappy Stars . 

Used last week: 0.51 yards
Used in December: 0.92 yards
Used year to date:  33.34 yards

The only way I'll make my revised goal of 40 yards out for the year is if the Rainbow Scrap Sampler gets finished and I have time to piece a back.  That may well happen the week after Christmas.  I'm off all week, so I'm hoping for some marathon sewing sessions a couple of days that week.  

Check out more slow stitching over at Kathy's Quilts and more stash reports over at Patchwork times.  

Wishing everyone safe travels this holiday season.

Happy Holidays

9 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You'll get 'er done! :) have a wonderful holiday too! :)

Barbara said...

Can't wait to see this finished.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Can't wait to see the RSC sampler. They have all turned out so nice.
Happy holidays!

Lynne said...

You got it done, didn't you?

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I"m binding today too. That and some tea and some sappy CHristmas movies...may not even get out of my jammies!! SMILES!

Kevin the Quilter said...

You should be proud of what you have used! That looks like a lot to me! Best wishes binding! My least favorite thing to do!

Charlene S said...

Goals are not written in blood or tears. You will be very close and 33 yards is a lot of piecing! 2015 is a new year just add to its goal. It all averages out!

Quilter Kathy said...

Yippee! I love binding... enjoy!

DeeDee said...

Merry Christmas Kate. Thanks for sharing your life with us this past year!