Sunday, July 13, 2014

Stash Report - Week 28 of 2014 (Vacation Report)

We've been on vacation the last week and a half.  Needless to say, my stitching time has been pretty minimal, however, I got lots of exercise.  We choose another part of the Rockies to visit this year, Utah.  Salt Lake City has some amazing quilt shops, My Guy let me visit one in exchange for a day hike along one of the canyons near Elaine's Quilt Block.  I stocked up on fat quarters for the Rainbow Scrap Challenger Sampler quilt.


Drama Teen found the border fabrics she wanted for the Jigsaw Quilt.


The green will be a narrow inner border and the blue/purple will be the final border.  Not sure yet what the binding will be.  Scrappy maybe?

So here's the damage to the stash report:

Used last week:  0 yards
Added last week:  8.75 yards

Used in 2014:  9.614 yards
Added in 2014:  266.3 yards

Net Stashed in 2014:  256.69 yards

I'm going to need to do some serious stitching if I want to make a dent in the stash.  Guess I best get busy.  For more stash reports, check out Patchwork Times.  If you want to check out a few vacation photos, read on.  

We stayed just northeast of Ogden in a little place called Eden.   It definitely lived up to it's name sake.  


Late in the week, we made a trek into Wyoming to see Fossil Butte National Monument.  Gorgeous countryside of a different sort. 


The Great Salt Lake was beautiful in the morning. But Antelope Island was pretty much an inferno by late afternoon.  Still it was worth the trip.  


Drama Teen decided to try out indoor sky diving.


She's definitely ready to go again.  She also braved being seen with the ancient zombie bear at the Natural History Museum. 


I have lots of pictures from this trip, but I'll save some for other posts.  Now, it's time for me to get back to tackling the vacation laundry.  I do hope to get some serious stitching in this afternoon.  

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

You picked up some lovely fabrics. With prices going up, consider it a hedge against inflation! Love that part of the West. Haven't been there in ages. I'm ready to go back -- maybe for my 70th next year.....

thea said...

Beautiful pictures! DT looks like she's having fun trying out new things.

Shay said...

Sounds like a great holiday Kate.

Your stash additions look good too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip!
Hope you get some relaxing stitching in today to recover from all the exciting travels!

make.share.give said...

Pretty fat quarter choices. The lime and purple will be perfect with Jigsaw's brights.
That's quite a bit of stash you've added this year :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What fun!!! And hey...I left the piggy bank linky open until the 20th...get that post done girl:)

seabreezequilts said...

Great photos and great scenery. Looks like a fun holiday. Can't say I've added much to my stash recently, hoping to add some money to the quilting coffers before I start splurging on new fabric.