Sunday, June 16, 2013

Stash Report for Week #24 of 2013

It's shaping up to be a beautiful Sunday.  No big plans for Father's Day, other than I'm fixing a nice dinner for tonight.  Drama Teen has to finish her entry for an on line science competition today.  So she'll be parked at the dining room table with her computer so we can help her finish it off.  There are a few other chores on the agenda this morning, but I'm hoping to get some stitching done this afternoon.  

Not a lot of sewing going on this week so the stash report looks a little anemic.  Well at least in the outgoing column, the incoming column looks really healthy.  

Used last week:  0.93 yards
Added last week:  24.33 yards

Used for 2013:  47.1 yards
Added for 2013:  128.58 yards

Net stashed for 2013:  81.84 yards

I really need to quit following all the sales, that seems to be my undoing.  Keepsake Quilting had a sale on panels last week and I spied this one that would be perfect for my brother.


Antique motorcycle race fliers, just his speed, so I couldn't resist.

Last week the incoming included a piece of Jenny Beyer's Rajasthan Basics in cobalt.  I loved it, so decided that since the line was 50% off, I'd order a few more colors.  

  
My stash is still pretty light on blenders, so these seemed like good additions.  But I'm going to put myself on a fabric diet for the rest of the year.  I really need to work off some of the older stash.  Though I've been doing pretty well at that this year.  Most of my new projects for 2013 use fabric that has been in the stash for several years.  Of the 6 started so far, only one is made entirely out of fabric that I bought earlier this year. 

To see more stash reports, check out what's posted over at Patchwork Times.  

2 comments:

Shay said...

Im being forced to be good at the moment (holiday isnt far away and we need to save )

Are those gorgeous fabrics really as sparkly in RL as they are in the photo? They look gorgeous!

Marti said...

I'm curious to see what you do with the panels. Those cobalt fabrics are great. I don't think I've seen them before. Are those the ones you bought?