The Sofa Quilt went out for quilting on Tuesday, which left me with two projects up on the design wall. Both need to be done by the end of May. I picked the easiest one to finish first and made some good progress on both the blocks and getting the sashing done.
Pattern is A Day at the Spa
Designed by Carolyn S. Vagts
found in the February 2013 issue of Quilter's World
Just 7 more blocks to make and the borders before this one will be ready for the back and quilting. The blocks I can probably finish this week, but not the borders. Those always take longer to add than I anticipate.
April kicks off next Monday and I've not yet started my new project for March. I was going to start on Vienna Stars, then decided I didn't like the pattern all that much. I'm working on a new design that uses the fabrics I purchased for it, but I'm still fine turning that project. So I bumped up another project that is on my list, the scrappy butterfly quilt. The original pattern uses templates, which I usually don't have a lot of luck with, my blocks usually end up wonky. So I'm going to use the templates to help cut the pieces to the right sizes, but paper piece the block.
So I studied a few references, watched a couple of tutorials, grabbed a few scraps and started on a test block to work out the kinks. So far, so good. I did have to unpick the second seam, I didn't get the third piece aligned properly, so it didn't look right when it was pressed back. Part one of the block is done, just 3 more sections to piece and then it will be time to see if it all works together.
That's it for my design space this week. Linking up with Patchwork Times, hop over to her blog to see other design spaces.