I did manage to finish getting all the borders on The Sofa Quilt on Saturday.
Pattern is Nicole's Sofa Quilt by Judy Laquidara
I think the last border needed to be a bit wider, but I was fabric limited there, so it stayed at the pattern's suggested 3.5 inches. I love how this project turned out. I'll probably change the name (Sorry Judy) to better suit the person who is getting this quilt.
The back was pieced yesterday before I started feeling so bad that I had to quit sewing. Now it's all ready to go out for quilting. This will be finish number 2 for the year. I'm still working on sewing down the binding on Evening Star which should be finish number 1. Not much progress on any of the other projects, as I was concentrating on getting this project done and out the door.
I did give myself permission to start a new project since The Sofa Quilt made it to the flimsy stage. I pulled out the Vienna Stars pattern (from Calico Carriage) and all the collected fabrics.
It's been a few years (at least 6) since I bought the pattern and the fabric. I'm not sure I still like the pattern. I may choose to make a different star pattern with these fabrics. I'll play around in EQ a bit to see what direction I want to take this project.
That's it for my design wall this week. Check out what's posted over at Patchwork Times to see what pretties others are working on.