Sunday, March 24, 2013

Slow Sunday Stitching - Slow Going

It's been awhile since I've linked up with Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday.  Checking back, the last post was in January.  If I compare photos, there really hasn't been a whole lot of progress.  

January 2013
March 2013
One upper wing is almost finished.  I love how the finished wing looks, but it's slow going doing the embroidery because there are so many thread changes to get that beautiful definition.  To make more regular progress, I'd need to schedule some time in the week to work on it.  Right now it's my "car riding, no sewing machine" project, so it's not getting a lot of routine attention.  I have 3 quilts with a May deadline, but once those are done, maybe one evening a week can be dedicated to hand stitching.  

5 comments:

Lynne said...

It's looking good though!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

This looks so hard and complicated it makes my head spin :) But Beautiful! :)

Marti said...

Oooh, that is going to be so pretty. I had planned evenings of hand stitching this winter and it just never happened. But looking at that, maybe I should plan it again.

Shay said...

Your stitching is so beautiful. I love to have a hand sewing project to turn to when I don't feel like sitting at the sewing machine.

Quilter Kathy said...

I can see that the colour changes would make it more complex but it adds such depth to the wing.
I always try to have one of these kinds of projects on the go, where the progress is not important. It's just for the enjoyment! Thanks for linking up to Slow Stitching Sunday!