Saturday, May 12, 2012

Foto Finish - Stripes

No road trips this weekend.  This is the second weekend in a row where we get to stay home all weekend.  I honestly can't remember the last time we had two weekends back to back where we didn't have to be on the road headed somewhere.  It's nice.  Hopefully over the summer we'll get a few more of these before volleyball season starts up.  Does anyone know when archery season is?  Drama Teen's school offered archery this year and hopes to have an archery team next year.  Any guesses as to who has already signed up? 

Cat Patches has suggested "stripes" as this week's Foto Finish optional theme.  Not much in my photo files that fits with this theme.  I did find a couple.  One that would really be a stretch to consider as stripes and the other was an experiment that I'm not sure worked. 


I liked the way the light leaked through the blinds, like it was trying to eat away the wood so it could break through and shine in unimpeded. 

On a completely unrelated note.  I entered a quilt in this week's Quilting Gallery "Quilts for Mom" contest.  It's called June's Tulips, a quilt I made for my mother-in-law.  I would appreciate your vote if you could take a few minutes to check out the contest (click here) and vote before Monday.     

If you have a few more minutes, check out all the other stripes over at Cat Patches

6 comments:

Barbara said...

What a fun image. I sometimes take these experimental shots too. Afterna couple of years, when I take another look, I have a better idea whether they worked or not. DT is a busy gal signing up for so many activities. I voted for yourmquilt. It's beautiful. Very colorful.

Denise :) said...

Haha!! Love the stripes ... horizontal and vertical! I'm headed over to QG to vote!! There -- I have and did and your June's Tulips was darling! :)

Judee said...

I like that ohoto. The simplest things are often overlooked. I also voted for you. That is an amazing quilt!

Anonymous said...

Love the stripes, and your description is quite poetic. Going over to check out your quilt! I didn't even know archery HAD a season!

Maree said...

I voted for your lovely quilt too.

Shay said...

Totally skipped on over and voted for you Kate.

I love the way the sun and shadows make such interesting patterns on things.