Saturday, October 22, 2011

Foto Finish - Something Spooky

For the second week in a row Barbara's Foto Finish theme has elicited a groan.  Something spooky?  I was pretty sure my image files were going to be severely lacking any potential images for this week.  Unfortunately, I wasn't wrong.  So this morning, I grabbed the camera and went looking for inspiration.  I had a few thoughts, none of which yielded what I was looking for.  Then I remembered something my daughter had decided on as party favors for a Halloween movie party she hosted a few years ago. 



These skeletal glasses were very popular with the girls.  They all sat around watching the movies eating popcorn with with bubbly grape juice in their spooky champagne glasses acting so sophisticated, as only 9 year old girls can. 

For truly spooky images, check out what has been posted over at Cat Patches

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh what an image comes to mind of those 9-year old girls. It even has me remembering my own younger days when I was the sophisticated one--back in the good old days. I love this image. Very spooky.

Denise :) said...

I *love* this! Especially the purple gemstone embedded in one of those bony fingers! :)

Pat said...

Love your choice! I wouldn't mind having glasses like that! Did they glow in the dark?

quiltzyx said...

That's a great shot Kate! I think there were similar glasses at the Halloween party I attended last year - yes, we were Oh So Sophisticated!!

Lynne said...

I don't know whether to smile or be revolted!

AnnieO said...

Very fun! I can just picture the girls....

Chris said...

Too cute. I love the little purple rhinestone. Nice touch :)