Tuesday, October 11, 2011

15 Minute Challenge - Oct 11

Welcome to week 1 of the 15 Minute Challenge - The Manic Christmas Sewing version. 


Since I have 5 quilts that I'd like to finish for Christmas gifts, my goal to spend 15 minutes in the sewing room has been supplanted with the goal to spend at least 15 minutes working on those 5 Christmas gifts.  You are welcome to join me in the Manic Christmas Sewing version or if you have decided to keep your sanity this year, you can report whatever crafty stuff you did in your 15 minutes. 

This week went pretty well, with progress made on 6 out of the last 7 days



Friday night I passed out in the recliner after dinner and didn't wake up until 10:00 PM.  I decided that was a pretty good sign I was too tired to sew and just went to bed.  But otherwise I made good progress on both the Buck-A-Block binding and the Geisha quilt.  I did also finish my first block for the Fat Quarter Stars quilt along, but since that's not a Christmas project, it didn't get included above. 

So how did you do this week on being crafty?  Write it up, then link up below.  

 

8 comments:

Vanessa R said...

Kate - I forgot all about the Christmas sewing!!! Will join you next week for that. Looks like you have made some progress on your list- well done

Keep Stitchin' said...

Oh my! I don't even want to think about making gifts for Christmas this year! I have too many other projects I want to work on myself!

Kate said...

Making progress is good! I haven't even made Christmas lists, yet. I probably should do that, since apparently I have 74 days...

Shay said...

Yes ...Thanks for the reminder Kate. I was feeling on top of things until you mentioned that...arghhhhhhh!

Falling asleep on the lounge is something I do most nights , which is why I don't sew as much during the week as I would like.

Making progress Kate and I know you can whip those projects out in time for Christmas!

seabreezequilts said...

That's so depressing... only 74 days (73 for us) I won't be doing any christmas sewing for awhile but I have heaps to do..... I am sure I'll get there.

Pat said...

My, you're ambitious! Keep up the good work.

Larri said...

Love your fancy way of posting this week! ☺ Yikes! I better get to work. Thanks for the reminder. Can't wait to see all your finishes. Happy Tuesday! ☺

AnnieO said...

In our house we call it the Coma Chair...