Tuesday, August 30, 2011

15 Minute Challenge - August 30th

Wow, just one more day in August.  Hard to believe it's almost September.  Summer for us is coming to an end, though with our highs in the upper 90's and lower 100's you'd never know it.  Along with those thoughts comes the one that if I have quilts to make for Christmas, I'd better get busy. 

I'm going to have to be very diligent about staying with the 15 minute challenge.  Those 15 minutes in the sewing room everyday are going to be very necessary if I'm going to finish what's in my head.  Which is a quilt for my mom, my niece and the one that Kiddo wants.  Flurry is going to be a Christmas gift and it's moving along nicely.  I worked on it quite a bit this week.  


Not a bad week, I managed at least 15 minutes in the sewing room the last 6 out of 7 days.   It's going to be more and more challenging to get in those 15 minutes each day.  Kiddo's playing volleyball for the school team and is still on the swim team.  That means she has some type of practice 5 nights a week and on Saturday.  That doesn't include games, which will start up after Labor Day.  I haven't seen the swim meet schedule yet, so no idea how many weekends we'll be on the road attending those. 

How did you do this week?  Link up and let us know. 




7 comments:

Larri said...

Great work, Kate! I've yet to sit down in the sewing room. Probably won't get in there until tomorrow or Thursday. My goal is to complete the backing for Flurry before Sunday...fingers crossed. Happy Tuesday! ☺

Chris said...

After a few weeks you will have the new schedule down and get your routine going. :)

Kate said...

Six out of seven is great! And you've got two quilts in the finishing stages. Hopefully you'll get the schedule and routine worked out soon so you get enough sewing time.

thea said...

what a great week! Thanks again for the challenge .. fifteen minutes a day will make a difference.

Marti said...

Still no sewing for me. I've been using the 15 minutes to make myself finish my outdoor project and still I have to dangle a carrot in front of myself.

I need to start Christmas projects too. Dd brought me more t-shirts for her quilt, so that is what I will make her for Christmas. I'll need that 15 minute challenge to do it though because I really don't want to at all.

Pat said...

Great job sewing six out of seven. It sounds like your schedule is about to get crazier. You'll have to plan some 'take along' projects.

Shay said...

The FD quilt took up all my space this week (even though I ignored it for most of the week...)

Great job on Flurry! Im hoping to have some actual progress to show next week because the last couple of weeks have been kind of lean (and I don't have swimming practice and all manner of other things occupying my time)

You amaze me Kate!