Monday, July 18, 2011

Design Wall Monday - July 18th

I'm hopeful that this week will be at least slightly slower then last week.  Sewing has definitely been on the back burner the last couple of weeks, too much other stuff going on.  Couple that with starting new projects where I'm still cutting fabric and you can understand why there is not much going on with the design wall.  I have been working on my hand work project, the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.  


I started this project in 2007 as my soccer mom project.  It's now become the swim mom project.  Maybe this one will get done by the time Kiddo graduates from college. 

Check out Patchwork Times for other design walls.

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Slow work on grandmother's flower garden. I'm doing a very small one but haven't shared pics yet. Cause, unlike you, I don't seem to be working on it all that much! Keep plugging away at it and all of a sudden it will be done!

happydaysquilting said...

Your grandmothers garden is looking blooming!

Shay said...

Your hand sewing project looks wonderful. Grandmothers flower garden is one of my favourite patterns of all time. It takes a while to make an heirloom Kate!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty! This is definitely one of those long term projects...enjoy!

marcella said...

Isn't it great to have a hand project for those times when you only have a few minutes to stitch? Your flowers are looking really nice!

Paula said...

I have always wanted to make a grandmother flower garden, just haven't had the patients or time. It would be such a slow process for me, and most of the time I like instant gratification.

Keep it going and I'm sure when you are finally done it will go to someone special, and it will feel like it was meant to be done at that time.

AnnieO said...

I like that you have all the centers the same color. This will look terrific as it grows. Enjoy, swim mom!

Marg said...

Your grandmothers garden blocks are beautiful. It may take some time to finish, but it's great having some hand piecing when you are out and about.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it! A changing season/sport project!! It looks great.

kwiltnkats said...

Its nice to have something to work on no matter where you are. Sandi

SpinningStar said...

I agree - the flowers are great, I also like the common center color. I usually carry a book with me, instead of a hand project. But, I probaly should start working on some of the many needlepoint projects that I have lurking in my closet.

Liz