I spent a bit of time yesterday finishing off and archiving my 2015 quilting spreadsheet, then setting up the new one for 2016. My spreadsheet is my quilting record for the year. I tried to use a journal last year so I would have a non-electronic record, but it only lasted about 4 months before I lost interest in keeping it up. Paper just doesn't work for me, while I've been really successful in keeping a spreadsheet since 2010. At any rate here's what my 2015 spreadsheet had recorded for 2015.
|Flame Test (2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler)|
Pattern by Angela Feldbush of Soscrappy
Started January 2014, Finished May 2015
The 2014 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt
Started November 2014, Finished September 2015
|Experiments in Paisley (Layer Cake Quilt Along)|
Pattern by Konda Lukau of Moose on the Porch Quilts
Started November 2010, Finished November 2015
|Lily Pond (Back to Square One)|
Pattern by Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times
Started June 2013, Finished December 2015
Of the four quilts only Lily Pond is destined for a new home. It's a gift for the family that hosted Drama Teen's writing workshop last summer. I haven't had a chance to get photos of the finished quilt, so I had to make do with the photo of the finished flimsy for this post. Three of the four were on the UFO list by the time they were finished. Grand Illusion was a WIP at the time it was finished. I ended 2015 with 17 UFOs, up one from 2014.
It was a good year on the stash management front. I managed to stay on my fabric diet for the year and only added about 30 yards to the stash in 2015, while using 45 yards. So for the first time in the six years of stash tracking, I ended the year in the black. I'm really happy with that accomplishment for 2015.
It may seem silly, but I also track the number of days where at least 15 minutes gets spent in the sewing room. As I said it seems a bit silly, but it reminds me to get off the computer and get up out of the recliner to go sew. With a full time job, an active teenager, and a spouse that travels a lot it can be hard at the end of the day to convince myself I have enough energy to sew. My worst year ever was 2014, where I only made it to the sewing room 191 days out of 365. I managed 213 days this year. So 2015 wasn't my best effort, but it was better than 2014.
So 2015 was a pretty good year. I'm going to have to do better on all fronts if I want to achieve my 2016 quilt plan. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!