Tuesday, September 4, 2012

15 Minute Challenge - September 4th

Three day weekends are such great opportunities to sew.  But with Labor Day now behind us, the next long weekends will be the holidays (at least for those of us who live in the US).  The year seems to speed up as it goes along.  January always seems to pass so slowly for me.  But by the time we get to September,  it feels like the month only lasts a couple of weeks and then we are into October.    Maybe part of that is because I have a lot of October deadlines at work.

I did take advantage of the long weekend to sew, pretty much ignoring any "labors" devoted to housework for the entire weekend.  Other than Friday, which was the night all three of us came home pretty much comatose, I sewed every night the last 7 days. 



The Layer Cake Quilt Along project is from 2010 and is this month's UFO.  It was last month's UFO too and I didn't touch it until just before the end of August.  I'd like to get it off the list and as it's the only one of my UFO's with all the blocks finished, it's the one most likely to actually get done. 

I'm still working on the Sofa Quilt, but as a leaders and enders project.  I've mentioned before that having to trim all those flying geese for block B was really demotivating me.  By moving that project to the back burner, I was able to work on not only the LCQA project, but make the first block of the Grandmother's Choice BOW and make some progress on the coffee cup blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge as well.  I'm just a lot more productive if I'm working on multiple projects at time rather than limiting myself to one.   A lesson I need to remember. 

Did you find some time to sew over the holiday weekend?  Either way, link up and share how your sewing/crafting is going. 



1. Amanda, Seabreeze Quilts
2. Thea
3. Lesley @ Quilt-a-Daisy
4. Kate

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sounds like a productive weekend. It is easier to find something to sew with several projects going on.

Lynne said...

You've done very well this week!

We have only thee long weekends in the year - Easter (which is a four day weekend), second Monday in June (the Queen's Birthday holiday) and the first Monday in October (Labour Day). Apart from that, we have what we call "public holidays" on 1st January (New Year's Day), 26th January (Australia Day), 25th April (ANZAC Day -- a commemoration of those who served in war) and 25th and 26th December (Christmas and Boxing Day). That's it for the year! The only days shops don't open are Christmas Day, Boxing Day (except in Sydney city - not suburbs) and in the morning on ANZAC Day!

I thin you get a few more than us!

Barbara said...

Your graphics are always so clever.

seabreezequilts said...

I can understand the lots of project thing at once. I get bored very easily. I have a couple of deadlines at the moment but I can't wait till they are all done and I can start on a new quilt which I picked the pattern up for at a class I did recently. The fabric is just about all together and I am itching to start. You had a good week with only one day off.

thea said...

I do better with one project, though sometimes I do get bogged down. Great week of sewing!

Kristin Aquariann said...

I don't know how to sew, but I did make a mini tricorn hat this weekend, using lots of hot glue. ;D

lesleyworth said...

I agree with the multiple projects 100%! It keeps me engaged and interested for longer periods of time! Have a great week!