Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Design Wall - August 13th

Vacation is over, it's back to work today.  Nothing on my calender, so most of the day will be spent unpacking boxes as the Facilities guys moved my office while I was out.  Then I have to get serious about figuring out the new position.  I've worked in this group before, but in a very different role.  Change is good right? 

Since sewing is my stress reduction mechanism, there should be a lot of that going on in the next few weeks.  Not a lot of sewing happened while we were on vacation, but I did finish hand stitching a block for the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.


It's been a year since this project was up on the design wall.  I'm not loving this set of blocks, a change in strategy may be needed.  Or maybe it just gets finished as a small throw quilt after a couple more blocks are stitched.  

The sewing machine did get some use yesterday and all the "A" blocks for The Sofa Quilt are done.


Pattern is Nicole's Sofa Quilt by Judy Laquidara
(available here)
These blocks would make a pretty quilt all on their own.  Too bad there is not enough fabric to make a quilt of just these blocks.  The "B" blocks should get started tonight.  

The label was sewn to the Purple and Yellow quilt last night, but I didn't get it downstairs while there was enough light to get a good photo.  It should show up on the design wall next week. 

I'm linking up with Patchwork Times as usual this week.  I'm hoping to have time to check out some of the design walls this week.  We didn't have Internet in the cabin, so I had to wait till we went out for coffee to get my blog fixes last week.   

7 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Those are wonderful sofa quilt blocks. I really like them. Much luck on the new position.

Larri said...

Your hexies are so accurate! I admire your ability to get them so perfectly even. :) Love the sofa blocks too. Very nice. Good luck in the new position! You'll be smashing, I'm sure. Happy Monday! :)

Denise :) said...

Kate, your GFG quilt will be gorgeous!! We need to think up ways for you to fall in love with this project again! :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I think your Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks look wonderful and I love the Sofa Quilt blocks and colors!

Kate said...

Ooh, I'm with you - I like Block A on its own!

Gari in AL said...

I think my whole Fall is going to be putting older blocks on the wall to figure out how to get them done. If I do that I will have shelves ready for all the new BOMs and swaps I enter as well as the new projects I start. Good luck with your.

Lynne said...

I like what you've done so far for the sofa blocks!