Sunday, July 26, 2026

Stitching Stuff: Week 30 of 2026

 


We were all looking forward to a laid back weekend after being at a family wedding last weekend. It's fun to see family, but driving in Dallas traffic and navigating all the road construction was definitely not the fun part of the trip.  I came back from the weekend not feeling my best.  I didn't get much done in the sewing room till about midweek, but it got better from there.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/July = 25/25 days
  • 15 minute days/2026 = 202/206 days
  • Success rate = 98.06%

With all the sewing this month, I'm back over 98%.  I'll definitely take that. It's been a bad couple of months on the health front, but hopefully I'm on the tail end of those issues and will have lots of time to stitch over the next few months. I'll definitely be in the sewing room this week, the temps are going to be triple digits for several days.  

Are you playing in the sewing room to avoid the summer heat? 

1. maggief
2. Melissa G
3. LeeAnna sewing every day
4. Karen
5. Bonnie in Va
6. Patricia in New Mexico
7. Andrée at Quilting & Learning
8. Carol @ Quilt Schmilt
9. Frédérique
10. Linda at Texas Quilt Gal
11. Marsha's Spot

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather. We feel the same about Dallas traffic. We'd love to live "down there", but the traffic is yuck.
I hope to get a post linked up later today!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

My sewing area is not in the coolest part of the house, so it is hard to spend a lot of time in it right now. But a little bit each day is doable and helps make progress on my projects. I'm sorry the Dallas trip made you not feel well - hope all is well this weekend!

Bonnie said...

Nothing like overheated weather to keep us in the sewing rooms. Congrats on 98% sewing every day!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Travelling can be fun but I find that it takes so much out of me, no matter how much fun I had. We're getting lousy weather here (my definition of lousy - hot, humid and rain) so I guess I'll stay in the studio too :-) Have a good week.

Carol Andrews said...

Kate it’s terrible reading you’ve been “under the weather”, but good to see you are starting to feel better. What fun getting to a wedding and seeing family. We have that extreme summer heat here, but the smoke from the wildfires (both in America and Canada) is making it feel a bit cooler. Congrats on the 98% score!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am sure this heat does not help when you are feeling under the weather. The quilt room is a good place to be in order to escape the heat. I have been doing the same, but not getting as much as I would like completed. But every little step leads to a finish. You are having a great year on the stitching front this year. Hugs.