Sunday, July 12, 2026

Stitching Stuff: Week 28 of 2026

 


It was a fairly quiet week for a change.  I had an endodontist appointment on Monday to check if my tooth problem needed a root canal. Nope, I just have a really bad sinus infection. After round three of antibiotics, I'm hoping that issue is resolved. Other than my PT appointments, I was free to make progress in the sewing room.  


  • 15 minute days/week = 7/7 days
  • 15 minute days/July = 11/11 days
  • 15 minute days/2026 = 188/192
  • Success rate = 97.92%

I managed to sew every day this week. First time I've managed that since early June.  My goal for the year was to stitch at least 80% of the time. I'm on track to beat that for sure. 

How are things going in your sewing room?  

1. Gretchen
2. maggie fellow
3. Julie in GA
4. LeeAnna
5. Karen
6. Quilting Gail
7. Melisa- Pinker n' Punkin Quilting
8. Bonnie in Va
9. Andrée at Quilting & Learning

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

6 comments:

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Not glad about your sinus infection but glad it isn't a tooth! I've managed to go into my sewing room and at least cut out pieces on my cutting table and finish up a few blocks. I hope to get to the point I can make a post today or tomorrow.
Did you have high wind yesterday? I saw most of OK was under severe watches.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sinus infections always seem to be tough ones to get rid of - hope this latest round of antibiotics does the trick. Glad you felt like sewing anyway. I have put a couple days worth of work into my quilt as you go finishing project and finally making some visible progress. That's a good feeling!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet your glad it is not the tooth as that is really expensive for a root canal and then usually a crown. But sinus infections are not fun either

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so glad that you do not have to undergo a root canal, but bummer on the sinus infection. I know that can be uncomfortable especially when it affects the tooth and gums. Woo Hoo on your Stitching time! I wish you another productive week. Hugs.

Bonnie said...

You are doing well with your goal this year. And how fortunate you don't have to have a root canal. Hopefully all the antibiotics will eliminate the infection.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Way to go Kate! I hope that the rest of the year will bring you lots of sewing and finished quilts to go with your plan :-) I did more hand stitching than anything else but it all counts. Take care.