Tuesday, November 10, 2020

To Do Tuesday for the Week of 11/10/2020

Last week was one of those weeks.  It was hard to focus on much and even the sewing room was not enough of a distraction.  This week is going to be better, just busy. My meeting calendar is pretty packed for the next 2 weeks.  Even with the distractions last week, there was still some good progress on the To Do List.  

To Do List for 11/2/2020

  • Christmas Mystery Quilt:  bind
  • Daisy Chain: Find a backing fabric
  • Red, White &Blue Stars: Add first border - progress
  • Unity: Finish Step 4, start step 5
Definitely a good week on the progress front. Finishing a quilt is always a mood boost. So what's the plan for this week?  

To Do List for 11/10/2020

Daisy Chain:  Make back, prep for quilting



I've worked out the dimensions for the back in the my quilt notebook.  This will be a very simple back to piece, just sewing two lengths of fabric together.  The hardest part is getting the pieces measured and cut accurately.  The plan is to have Daisy Chain ready to ship out for quilting when Frolic comes back.

Red, White & Blue Stars:  Continue to work on adding borders

 Red, White and Blue Stars, Setting self designed


Two border strips are attached and the next two are cut and ready to add. Hopefully I'll get the first and second borders done this week. The plan is for three borders, but I doubt I get all three done this week. Adding borders always takes longer than I think it should.  

Morewood Mystery:  Make more blocks for November clue

Morewood Mystery by Cheryl of Meadow Mist Designs

November's clue uses pieces from previous clues to make larger units, plus there are more HSTs to make.  I won't get to the HSTs this week. That's OK, I have the whole month to complete this clue.

Unity:  Add next border and make Clue 5 blocks


The next border is a narrow strip of background fabric, so that should go on relatively quickly. The next round of the quilt uses flying geese made from the green, yellow and black fabrics.  I've made a start on the green.  But have a ways to go on getting this clue all finished.  

I've come to appreciate putting together a to do list each week.  Being deliberate about what projects I work on has been a big help in getting projects finished.  Thanks Roseanne for introducing me to the power of a good list.  And thank you for hosting the To Do Tuesday linky party to let us share our successful and not so successful weeks.  

8 comments:

NARDtheNERD said...

so patient and creative at the same time :)

Sara said...

My weekly sticky note has made a come back so that I can stay more focused lately. And this morning I finished the first item on that sticky note. Yay!!

I love those jewel tones in those block pieces and can't wait to see how they come together.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Morewood Mystery blocks are such pretty colors! Looking forward to seeing more of that quilt!

Bonnie said...

Hum, your math looks suspiciously like mine. But yours is probably right. I sometimes have to redo mine. I so agree about a good to do list. It helps keep me on track as to what I really want to work on. Not to say I don't have an occasional squirrel dragging my attention away. Hope this week is a good one.

dq said...

It is interesting to see how others plan their backings. I don't ever do a drawing like you did.

chrisknits said...

Good luck with your list! Lots of pretty things going on.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like you list! I hope your week gets less ( or got... since its friday) less hectic!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Keep your eye on the prize this week, Kate. Vacation afterwards!! (I'm SEW jealous!!!)