Monday, October 12, 2020

Storm, Stars and Unity

 It's back to work this morning after a week off. I'm expecting a pretty rough day and a long week.  That's usually the price for taking the week off.  Still it was nice to have some time to relax and recharge a bit. Hand stitching the binding for the Storm at Sea quilt fit in with the sit and soak it up agenda for the week. 


I've turned two corners so far, so not quite half way finished. 

We were home for most of the weekend, so I did get in some good sewing room time.  Unity is sporting one more step 4 border.

2020 Bonnie Hunter Sew-In-Place Quilt Along


I changed up the Friendship Star just a bit, so my border is a bit different than the one that Bonnie used, but I like it.  Just one more border left in step 4.  

There was also progress on the red, white and blue stars quilt.

 Red, White and Blue Stars, setting self designed

Only the first row of sashing and blocks is stitched together. The rest of the rows are still in progress.  I like it so far. Just a few more sashing pieces to make and then assembly will move pretty quickly.  Then comes the borders which always take so much longer than I think they should.  

Good progress on multiple projects, so definitely a good week. Linking up with Monday Making and Design Wall Monday

9 comments:

Julie in GA said...

You are making great progress on several projects!
I had to go back to the original pattern for Unity to see how you changed the Friendship Star blocks, and I think I like your version better!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great progress - here's to an easy day, and getting back to some stitching tonite

Barbara said...

It’s all looking good. I had a sit and stitch day yesterday too. It’s nice sewing a binding on a large quilt when you can use it for warmth as you stitch.

Ramona said...

You have some fun and beautiful things being made in your sewing room. Unity is gorgeous in the colors you chose. Hope your return to work went well.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope your day and week goes more smoothly than you fear; getting back to work after a vacation is definitely a challenge. You made great progress last week; I really like how the red, white, and blue stars are coming together!

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good week off and got more fabric and stitching time. Nice progress on multiple fronts always feels good! Hope the work week isn't too painful...

Libby in TN said...

I am always inspired by your sashings!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You have 2 beautiful quilts coming along!!!

Jennifer said...

Both Unity and the stars are looking great! Hope the return to work went better than anticipated.