Tuesday, October 13, 2020

To Do Tuesday for Week of 10/13/2020

The first day back at work after a week of vacation is always hectic and full.  I was glad to see the end of the work day.  It's going to be a long week, with lots to catch up on. That may affect how much time I have to work on the to do list this week. Even with the away time last week, it wasn't too hard work through last week's to dos. 

Weekly To Do List for 10/6/2020

  • Red, White, Blue Stars: Continue sashing blocks
  • Moreword Mystery: Start October blocks
  • Unity: Make HSTs and blocks for step 4
  • Storm at Sea: Start stitching binding

The goal last week was just to make progress on each item. That's probably going to be the same tact I take this week, especially since there will likely be some late work nights this week.  

Weekly To Do List for 10/13/2020

Frolic: Fix piecing error, prep for quilting



I didn't notice till I was photographing the quilt top that I had one corner flying geese turned the wrong direction.  It shouldn't be too hard to fix. Since the Christmas Mystery quilt should come back from being quilted this week, it's time to get this quilt prepped for quilting. The big goal for the week is have both the top and the backing ready to ship out for quilting by next week. If I get this to do done, it will have been a successful week. 

Storm at Sea: Finish stitching down the binding. 


I'm about half way to corner three.  This will likely get done even if I have to work late. Even if I'm tired, it's not hard to take a few minutes to hand stitch through one length of thread.  

Red, White and Blue Stars: Continue sashing blocks


The goal on this project is to keep making progress. If I can get all the sashings made, then I can focus on assembly next week.  

Unity: Keep making HSTs and blocks for Clue 4. 


The last border strip has been started.  Unity has been my leader and ender project as I've worked on other items so it won't be hard to at least get a few HSTs finished off. The goal is progress this week. 

Morewood Mystery: Keep working on the October blocks


All the fabrics for the October blocks are cut and I've got the subunits for the 3 and 4 patch blocks at least started. The goal is progress. I may alternate these blocks with the Unity HSTs as my second leader and ender project. The goal is progress.  

That's an ambitious list considering how busy this week is going to be.  If I don't get them all checked off this week, I won't beat myself up.  If I can get Frolic ready and Storm at Sea finished, that will be a good week. 

Linking up with Home Sewn by Us for To Do Tuesday.   

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

taking photos and putting them on our blogs is the best thing to do I think - somehow you notice a mistake in a photo but not when looking directly at it

chrisknits said...

Can't wait to see the binding done and the quilt photo shoot! Good luck with all your progress and projects.

MissPat said...

As long as you keep moving things along, you are making progress. That's more than I can say and I'm retired. But with cold weather on the way and the garden shutting down, I hope to redirect my energies back to quilting and clearing out some UFOs.
Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The red and white you picked to sash the star blocks is so pretty, Kate - perfect choice! I agree - a little bit of progress here and there adds up to a finish eventually!

Sara said...

Excellent goals! That set of border stars for Unity is a block I really like and I keep thinking that I will purchase more of the colors I am using and add that border to what I have so far.

Katie Z. said...

I’m sending you quilty hope that you get plenty accomplished. I hope the week hasn’t been too rough for you

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kate! Wow, that is an ambitious list. I probably never would have noticed that flying geese error. I wish you luck with your list but am glad you'll be easy on yourself if not everything is accomplished. {{Hugs}} It is hard to get back into the swing of things after a vacay. Thanks so much for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne