Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March One Monthly Goal: Down to the Wire!

Nothing like a late night finish on the last day of the month. But the March One Monthly Goal is finished thirty minutes before the linky party closes.  



The goal for March was to finish Twinkle Stars.  At the beginning of the month Twinkle Stars had arrived back from the quilter, but it needed the label and binding made first.  The binding was made a week before I managed to pin the Scientist in Training down on the message that went on the label. 





The binding was made to match up with the narrow rainbow border in the flimsy. 

Twinkle Stars, block Tutorial by Angela Feldbush of Soscrappy



I turned the last corner and made good time on finishing off the last 30 inches  at about 10:15 central time.  Now Twinkle Stars is all finished. 



Twinkle Stars is a pretty large quilt and I didn't have the time to lay it out and get a good picture. The best I could do was to show all four corners are finished.  I promise a picture of the finished quilt later this week once I have a chance to get it hung up for it's glamour shots.

Linking up with the end of the month linky party over at Elm Street Quilts.    

15 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on a huge finish. This is such a striking quilt and lucky person receiving it.

loulee said...

You Tease!! LOL
I'm glad you got it finished though. :-)

Julie in GA said...

Congrats on your finish--I can't wait to see it!

Vera said...

Nice! Congrats on your finish ;)

Patty said...

What great rainbow binding! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great finish I really like this quilt

Barbara said...

Fabulous! I got a little chuckle about you sewing on down to the wire. It turned out beautifully. Nice work.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on getting it done and completed by the deadline!

chrisknits said...

I am sure the later reveal will be worth the wait! Kudos on getting it done. I got my UFO Challenge for March done about 9:30 last night, but the reveal has to wait until Friday.

DawnyK said...

Well done and congratulations on making you One Monthly Goal! Down to the wire is very intense from the way March has gone this year! Continue to take care.

Louise said...

This is a HUGE accomplishment! Congratulations! I can't wait for the final big reveal :)

seabreezequilts said...

Love the multi coloured binding

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Congrats on such a great finish!!!!

MissPat said...

Congratulations on a long-awaited finish. What a relief. It's an awesome quilt and I'm sure your daughter's friend will be delighted with it.
Pat

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! The recipient of that quilt is one lucky friend!