Monday, May 6, 2019

The May To Do List

It's taken me the first six days of May to figure out what's where and what's next in the sewing room.  April was just so busy, I was pretty much on autopilot.  I took the first hour in the sewing room yesterday to sort through all the bits and pieces at the sewing table in an effort to reset my priorities for the month.  Deciding on the May One Monthly Goal was first item that needed to be nailed down. 


Next up on the to be finished list is Christmas Angels. But it hasn't come back from being quilted.  Trudy is ready to ship it back so I should have it back sometime next week.   I'm hopeful that the binding can be finished up before the end of the month.  It usually only takes it a couple of days to travel through the postal system,  but it has taken up to a full week at times. So though this is high up on the to do list, I'm going to bump it to number two on the priority list just in case.  

My April UFO is Vintage Dresses, it needs the borders, a backing and prepping for quilting.  That's been progressing, but I haven't taken any recent photos of the project.  There are still 4 borders to add to get it up to a bed sized quilt.  Borders always take so much longer than I think they should. So this one goes to number 3 on the priority list for the moment.

The Storm At Sea project is up on the big design wall at the moment. 

 Storm at Sea
Paper Piecing Class by Carrie Randell (Quilter's Hideaway)

The dark blue blocks are almost finished, so all that's left is the deep purple blocks (which aren't photographing well, the color is richer than what it shows in the photo).  I'd like to get this project off the big design wall by the end of the month so I can play with the layout of red, white and blue blocks that are on the list as June's UFO project. I'm hoping to get all the SaS blocks sewn together this month so the center section is finished, but those Economy blocks take longer to make then you'd think. So I'm going to limit the May OMG goal to just getting all the blocks made. If I get the assembly done, great. If not, I'll be ready for that step next month. 

So that's one, two and three for the May priority list.  There is a number 4 and that's the Daisy Chain Mystery project.  

Daisy Chain Mystery
2019 Little Bunny Quilts Mystery
by Alison of Honey, Bunny & Doll Designs

I've got just 2 more of blocks on the left to sew together and I'll be ready for the first block assembly instructions that will show up today over at Little Bunny Quilts.  I'm looking forward to seeing how all these pieces fit together. 

Linking up with The May One Monthly Goal, Monday Making and Design Wall Monday, and Main Crush Monday.

12 comments:

Patty said...

Fun projects. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Barbara said...

Those are all great projects. I hope your May settles down some.

Quilter Kathy said...

The storm at sea blocks do take a lot of time.... hope we all have more quilting time in May!
Looking forward to seeing how the Daisy Chain mystery comes together... I was sad to not join in that one, but only so many hours in the day!

Jayne said...

Lots of projects! Love your Storm at Sea quilt. It's going to be gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Hum, I'm looking forward to seeing your dress project again. Good luck on your OMG. What you have so far on SAS is great. Hope you have lots of sewing time this month.

Katie Z. said...

Your storm at sea blocks continue to entrance me. Beautiful work! I hope you are able to get much needed sewing time and accomplish all your goals!

Vicki in MN said...

Your storm at sea blocks caught my eye, it's gonna be a beautiful storm;)

Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts said...

Love your storm at sea! I have one of these on my to do someday list. I even bought a kit of laser cut pieces so all I have to do is put it together! Borders are not my favorite thing to do. I agree they take longer than I think they should. Good luck on your May to do list. You got this!

DawnyK said...

Love how SaS is coming together. Great progress!

dq said...

You've got some fun things going on here. I will be thrilled to see your vintage dresses done, and that Storm at Sea is gorgeous. Mysteries are a blast! Enjoy discovering it.

Julie in GA said...

You have some great projects in the works. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on every one of them. Love the color gradation on the Storm at Sea!

Jennifer said...

That’s a bug list - hope it is going well so far!