Saturday, May 25, 2019

Daisy Chain Mystery - Enough to See it Works

It's been a long stormy week in Oklahoma. We've had storms just about every evening since Monday night. Tuesday morning there was only one road open between downtown and the rest of the community due to river flooding. The water rose all day Tuesday, they let us out of work a bit early to ensure that everyone could get home in case the water overtook that route. The tornadoes missed us, as did the baseball sized hail that took out the windshield of one of my coworkers as she drove home Wednesday night.  The Scientist in Training had been in Florida visiting friends, thankfully none of her flights were delayed and she got home a few hours before the Wednesday night storms.  I've been AWOL from all blogging activities as we've had the router unplugged in the evenings due to the severe weather.  We lost a cable box earlier this month due to lightening, so we've been careful to unplug stuff during the more recent storms. 

Stitching time has been similarly limited this week.  But I did finish enough blocks of the Daisy Chain Mystery quilt to see how the pattern was going to play out with my fabrics. 

Daisy Chain Mystery
2019 Little Bunny Quilts Mystery
by Alison of Honey, Bunny & Doll Designs

I'm pretty happy with out it's turning out.  Thank you Alison for such a fun mystery quilt. You can check out more versions of this quilt over at Little Bunny Quilts.  I need to finish off two more of the star blocks and a several more of the alternate blocks before I can start assembling the quilt.  Then I'll decide if I want to add any borders or not. 

Linking up with Tish's UFO Busting party this morning.  I'm hoping to get Daisy Chain done before it ends up on my UFO list.  For those in the US have a great Memorial Day Weekend.  

14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad to hear you stayed safe from the storms and that you didn't get the baseball hail - I feel sorry for anyone going though that it must be terrifying

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Daisy Chain blocks look great! Your fabric choices and colors really worked well in the pattern. Glad you're all safe in spite of the storms, and I hope you have a storm - free weekend!

Libby in TN said...

That's a really interesting pattern. It is going to be stunning, as usual.

Sandra Walker said...

Alison made SUCH a pretty pattern and your fabrics let it shine (ha, pun not originally intended!) Getting hit with storms this afternoon here, 'tis the season...

Louise said...

Your Daisy Chain is going to be so great! Glad to hear the weather hasn't caused too many problems for your family.

Barbara said...

Well, I’m glad to know you’re safe. I had you in my thoughts reading about the storms in your area. I love the quilt. Very pretty.

Alison V. said...

I love your quilt top! I knew it was going to be great as soon as you picked your fabrics! Stay safe and dry!

Emily said...

Wow, I love the daisy chain in your fabrics! Glad to hear you've been safe in the extreme weather.

AnnieO said...

Your fabric choices for the mystery quilt turned out so well--happy times for sure. Sorry about all the hideous weather, with no end in sight. Stay safe and slow stitch :)

chrisknits said...

Oh, I love it!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So glad you are staying safe - and remembering to unplug things ;-) LOVE the quilt - its striking in those colors

Jennifer said...

Glad you are safe so far - I heard about bad flooding today and thought of you - hope you stay high and dry! Nice job getting the blocks up - they look good!

dq said...

Ooh! I am loving this mystery! Mysteries are fun but scary.

Tish Stemple said...

The transitions from spring to summer and summer to fall always seems to come with scary weather :( Hope everything is still well, I know it has been a week of rough weather. Love how Daisy Chain is coming along!