It was nice to spend some quality time in the sewing room over the weekend. By Sunday though, I realized it was time to stop and take stock of what each project needed to keep moving it towards a finish.
First up was Inverted Star. The SIT finally wrote a message for the label. So that got printed up, rinsed and laid out to dry. So it should be ready to use today. Next step was to figure out what to use for the binding.
Since the quilt is for on of the SITs buddies, I let her choose. She went with the darker blue.
The binding strips are all cut and I've started sewing them together.
The Christmas Mystery quilt finally made it to the post office last week (between work and the weather, that wasn't an easy task). Trudy is now contemplating how to quilt it. I need to finish the label, so it's ready to go when the quilt comes back in another week or so.
The last round of borders is going on Christmas Angels. The quilt has gotten too big to photograph on the design wall so no photos. Just two more strips and it will be a finished flimsy. So it's time to raid the stash for a backing fabric.
The stack of Good Fortune blocks is growing.
|Good Fortune, 2018 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt|
I was contemplating changing the layout to a 5 x 7 block setting with sashing to help the black blend in. If I do that, the border blocks which have already been made won't fit right. I don't have enough blocks for the 5 X 7 setting, so for now I'll make enough blocks for that setting and then reassess. I really need to play with the potential borders in EQ so I know how many blocks to make and where I'm going with this project so it doesn't stall.
Next up was to figure out where I'm going with On Ringo Lake, my leaders and enders project.
|On Ringo Lake|
Bonnie Hunter 2017 Mystery Quilt
I've got 22 blocks finished. I need 32 for my on point layout. I have all the nine patches needed for the centers, but need more flying geese and HSTs. I need to cut the fabric to finish those remaining 10 blocks. I also still need to make all the sashing pieces too. There was a stack of black squares that had been cut to the wrong size for the flying geese. Those were trimmed up to use on the sashing strips. I'll stitch on the sashing pieces till I get a chance to cut a bit more fabric to finish the blocks.
Hopefully if I stick to my new to do list, there will be a couple of finishes to celebrate soon. Linking up with:
Monday Design Wall