Friday, March 28, 2014

Let's Book It Challenge- March 2014

This is my first time linking up with Vrooman's Quilt's for her Let's Book It Challenge


The intent of the challenge is to get you to actually make something from one of the quilting books or magazines we all seem to accumulate.  I never realized how many of my projects came from quilt alongs and patterns published on the Internet, it comes to almost half.  But back in February I started a project based on the cover pattern from the December 2013 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. 


This pattern, Poinsettia Allure by Jody Bock, was just perfect to use up some favored yardage that had was sitting in the stash waiting for the just the right project to come along.  I've not gotten very far with it as I'm trying to finish up Drama Teen's Jigsaw quilt before she graduates from high school.  That's three years away, but she asked for that quilt more than 2 years ago.  Any way, I finally finished up the last star for my Scrappy Stars quilt which is what had been my leaders and enders project for the last couple of years.  So in it's place, I've started piecing the first blocks for Poinsettia Allure.


As you can see, I've not gotten very far on this project.  But some progress is better then none.  It will take a while to finish this as a leaders and enders project, so I'll just enjoy the process.  

9 comments:

Deb A said...

Ohhh. Very pretty fabrics for such a stunning quilt pattern. I love the cream print. Enjoy the process.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Pulling the magazine and gathering fabrics - and then begin to play. Sounds like a good start.

Kate said...

Hey, L/E is a great start! Those little bits will eventually add up.

Shay said...

I like what you've done so far Kate. I've never done a leaders and enders project . Maybe I should make that a goal?

Denise :) said...

This quilt is gorgeous -- I believe I purchased the magazine because of it. HA! So, since I've done nothing but look at it, your progress is leaps beyond mine!!! :)

Christine M said...

Hi Kate. It's my first time linking up with Sharon too. The fabrics you are using are just lovely.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Hey! Progress is progress! And, I have a feeling this one is going to be GORGEOUS! Especially with your expert piecing!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

This is going to be gorgeous.

Valspierssews said...

What a beautiful quilt design. It will be satisfying to see it come together finally. I love the little push the Book It challenge provides.
valspierssews