Saturday, April 2, 2011

Foto Finish Saturday - Macro

The theme for this week's post is "Macro".  If you were to review my Foto Finish and Favorite Things Friday posts, you'd find a number of flower pictures.  So it's probably not a surprise to learn that flowers are my photographic subject of choice (well Kiddo might be slightly ahead, but not by much). 


We have a number of rose bushes and this single clematis vine that winds it's way up a trellis during the spring and summer.  It's one of my favorites.  Flower centers are often drab compared to the brilliantly colored petals of the flower, but they are often very texturally rich, if you manage to capture them in the right light and angle.  I love the flower within a flower look of the clematis. The little black dots on the "petals" and the "crown" on the center are things you don't notice when you zoom out to appreciate the whole flower.   

To see more close ups, click on Cat Patches and enjoy the views. 

4 comments:

Marg said...

Love the details in this shot and the background colour of the petals.

Shay said...

Ahhhhhh! I see now how you get those great shots ...macro. I guess if I ever want to take shots like that Im going to have to upgrade my camera...

Lovely flower shot Kate. The detail is amazing.

Barbara said...

What a pretty shot. I love your "flower within a flower" description. I never thought of it that way, but it's perfect. Very pretty shot. Thanks for posting to Foto Finish.

quiltzyx said...

Beautiful!
At first glance, I thought it was a spider mum - definitely a "flower within a flower".

Thanks for sharing with us.