Saturday, April 16, 2011

Foto Finish Saturday - Flowering Trees

It's cold, wet, and cloudy this morning.  Pretty typical of spring in Oklahoma.  It was nice this morning to go browsing through my photographs for pictures of flowering trees.   I had a hard time choosing just one shot, so I finally let my guy pick the picture for the post. 


Not surprisingly my guy picked this picture of a dogwood in bloom.  I think it's safe to say it's his favorite flowering tree.  His parents have a farm in Missouri and the dogwoods bloom  throughout the woods around his parent's house.  This picture was taken at Utica Square in Tulsa.  This shopping center has beautiful gardens, the tulips are always gorgeous. 

It's funny how sometimes a photo can bring back a memory that doesn't appear to have anything to do with the photo.  We were actually at Utica Square shopping for a new suitcase for my guy when that photograph was taken.  He had just started doing a lot  of overseas traveling.  During his first out of the country trip to Indonesia, the large suitcase he used for overseas travel was extensively damaged on a bus ride to Sumatra.  So we were out shopping for a suitcase that could handle not only 2 weeks of clothing, but also his steel toed boots, and would still be under the airlines' weight restrictions.  We discovered it's not just furniture that looks bigger when you get it home.  The suitcase looked reasonably small in the store, it looked a lot bigger when we got it home.  The new suitcase has been to Indonesia once, Australia at least twice and is still holding together. 

Have a wonderful Saturday.  Check out other flowering spring beauties over at Cat Patches

5 comments:

Shay said...

I don't think we have dogwoods here in Australia . What lovely flowers.

I got all excited when I realised Mr. Kate's suitcase had been in Australia. It's almost sort of kind of like you've been here by association!

Keep Stitchin' said...

Beautiful! I love dogwoods, and apple and cherry trees (blossoms) and lilacs!

Barbara said...

What a great story for your dogwood image. I love dogwoods too. We have one planted in our yard, but it is so small it barely blooms. Someday, I hope. Thanks for posting to Foto Finish.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I love dogwoods! They are in bloom now and are wonderful.

quiltzyx said...

That shot just brings on those lovely spring day feeling!
Thanks for sharing your shot & story with us.