Sunday, November 28, 2010

Stash Report - November 28th

A pretty relaxed weekend, but not much sewing going on as we spent the weekend with family.  Not sure how much sewing will happen on my machine between now and Christmas, there is more shopping to do, gifts to wrap, etc.   I did get the second Layer Cake Quilt Along block made before we started the flurry of Thanksgiving baking.  I also finished another Grandmother's Flower Garden block while hanging out at the in-laws.  So here is this week's report:

Used this week = 0.4 yards
Added this week = 0 yards
Used year to date = 47.4
Added year to date = 356.
Net used for 2010 =  (308.8)

I did find a small error in my spreadsheet, so this week's numbers have been corrected for that, in addition to what was actually used this week.  I'm still striving to reach 50 yards used by the end of the year. Only a need to use a little over 2 and half yards in 4 weeks, totally doable.  I did manage to stay on the NO FABRIC wagon for another week, even with a trip to one of the local quilt shops. 

Check out Judy's Patchwork Times to see other stash busing/stash enhancement progress.

7 comments:

Tamera said...

Wow! You've made lots of progress then! Staying on the NO FABRIC wagon is a GOOD thing!

And you're right, two and a half yards in four weeks is totally doable!

Kathie said...

you will totally make the 50 yards. I am striving for 100 but don't know if I will make it or not.

SpinningStar said...

I'm sure you can make your goal... and you're doing quite well on the no fabric wagon.

By the way, are you planning to go to the OKC Quilt Show in January? It's hard to pass on buying fabric at quilt shows - but I am planning to have a "purchase list" in hand, so I only get fabric that fills in holes in my stash.

Liz

Vicky said...

Look at those numbers!! You're my hero du jour! Way to go!

Charlene S said...

You can make 60 yards used in 4 wks. Just make some pillowcases to give as gifts.

Katie Z. said...

You can do it!

Shay said...

Kate you are amazing. How many weeks is that with no fabric? You go girl!

Oh and my temporary change in circumstances doesnt mean I'm falling off the no fabric buying wagon...